PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach Information

tinkerbell04
06-26-2008, 03:18 PM
I know that recently people have been asking about Vero Beach and since we just got back I thought that I would share the most recent price lists for those who are interested:

All of the prices listed below are for members per day, guests would pay slightly more and if anyone wants specific non-member prices, I would be happy to post those as well.

2 Chairs and an Umbrella-24.00
Umbrella-10.00
Beach Chair-7.00
Cushioned Lounge chair-9.00
2 Lounges and Umbrella-28.00
Body Board-9.00
Cabanas-12.00
Bikes Hourly-5.00
Bikes-Daily-14.00
Tennis Rackets-Complimentary
Mini Golf-1.00 per game or 5.00 lenght of stay pass
Seaside Chefs-7.00
Jayak-20.00 per 1/2 hour
Jet Ski-65.00 per 1/2 hour
Hobie Kats-55.00 per 1/2 hour
DVD rentals complementary

Every Thursday Mini Golf is complimentary for members and in the green cabin room members get 1.00 off of speciality drinks. Also, members receive 10 percent off of dining in Sonya's.

There are also many on property activites:
Disney Discovery Club 30.00
Turtle Troop Adventure 20.00
SnorkelEars 30.00
Discovery Scuba-30.00
Craft Time-Most were 3.00 Some were 7.00
Fishing FUNdamentals-30.00
Tennis Lessons-35 for 1/2 hour, 60 for one hour

There were some off site activites that were also offered:
Teen Surf School-90.00
Kayak Adventure-40.00
Begining Birding-8.00
Pelician Island Bike Tour-8.00

Massages were also available:
Sweedish Relaxation-70.00 for full session, 50.00 for half session
Pregnancy Massege-75 for full, 55 for half
Sports Massage-80 for full, 60 for half
Deep Tissue Massage-85 for full, 60 for half
Chair Massage-25.00 for 15 minutes
You can also add on to any of the above services: Aromatherapy for an additional 10 dollars or hot stones for an additional 20 dollars.

During our stay there were the following crafts offered: Mickey plates, Tiles, Paper Flowers, Sea Life Crafts, Mug crafts, Sea Shell bags, bead jewelry, umbrella craft, Creature creations, bird house crafts, intro to harmonica.

The following activites were free for all who were staying at the resort, some had age restrictions: basketball, dodgeball, capture the flag, water slide races, underwater fish hunts, face painting, archery, kickball, pool games, the campfire, finger painting, teen golf tournament, chalk art, tot time coloring, yoga, treasure hunts, tea parties, un-birthday parties (one per visit), sun gazing, marble tournamnet, sandcastle building, beach walks

The CM's at the resort told me that they rotate the activites every few weeks. I know that last year they also had soccer, so the crafts and activites might change a little bit.

Hope that this helps someone :)

dlpmikki
06-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for sharing the information!

tinkerbell04
06-26-2008, 05:56 PM
I also forgot to mention that there is an arcade that uses the same arcade cards as the WDW resorts. There is a hair wrap and hair braiding station and the price for a 10 inch wrap for my DD was 30.00. She got beads and a charm on the end. Also, there was no option of internet access in the rooms, but there is free wireless in the lobby, Sonya's and the Green Cabin room. We had a difficult time getting a cell phone signal in our rooms, we had a variety of carriers and we were all having trouble getting and sending calls. On the beach and at the pool it was better.

Maleficent's Dad
06-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for sharing all this detailed info! :mickey:

Thumper03
06-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Just booked last night. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Sharon1026
06-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the info! We are going there this in the near future. Lucky us, we can drive and take our own beach chairs/umbrella, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

tinkerbell04
06-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the info! We are going there this in the near future. Lucky us, we can drive and take our own beach chairs/umbrella, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

That is what we do as well! In fact this year we brought blow up tubes from the dollar store and we loved using them at the beach. When we left, we passed them on to another family with kids to enjoy.

Sharon1026
07-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Just got back from Vero Beach. Here are a few adds:

Area - if you drive about 10 minutes south, then you are in Vero Beach proper. The Disney resort is actually in Indian River Shores. The city of Vero Beach has quite a few restaurants and shops to check out. There is also a mall and a movie theater. Vero Beach has an outlet mall, if you really like shopping.

To the north is Sebastian. It's a quiet town with some shops, restaurants, etc. They say that the best surfing in Florida is at the Sebastian inlet.

There is a CVS about 2 or 3 miles from the resort. They sell boogie boards, umbrellas and beach chairs, if you need to purchase some.

Vero is a nice resort, but if you stay there for any length of time, you will get tired of the food selection. Bleachers is a poolside chicken nugget/hot stand. Shutters has a smaller sized menu and is a sit down restaurant. Prices are from 14 - 25 per entree. No salad or drink is included in that price. Sonya's is the high end restauruant. approx 25 - 35 an entree plus drinks etc. With only 3 options for eating, you'll probably want to venture out. There is a pizza place and a market (beer, food, etc.) that is within walking distance outside of the resort (about a quarter mile). We did the good old eat breakfast in the room routine, which is easy and saves you a bundle of money.

There is a buffet breakfast that they do on select days. Not sure if it's just a weekend thing...

The beach is very nice. Rooms are nice, but need a bit of updating (furniture and carpet should be replaced, but aren't horrible). Staff is very nice. It's what you would expect from a Disney resort.

Lots of activities for the kids and adults.

We enjoyed ourselves and will go back! I can see why people would go to the parks for a few days then go to Vero. We are thinking of mixing it up that way during our next trip.

Hope these adds help out someone!