PDA

View Full Version : Anyone worried about their flights being changed or canceled?

faberj
06-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Our trip is in December and we booked our airfare back in March. This week Midwest Airlines (the airline we are flying) announced that they are grounding all of their MD80 planes (which is 1/3 of thier entire fleet!) and the MD80 happens to be the plane we are booked on that is almost full for the flight down and over half full for our flight home.

What makes me more mad is that they can not give me any answers right now as they are not sure what they are going to do with all of the people that are currently booked on these flights.

Now all I can do is wait and see and hope that I will not have to suffle plans that are already made. The whole thing makes me :ill:

BMan62
06-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't fly out of Harrisburg, PA (MDT) but I just read that American has stopped all fights from that airport.

AirlineGuy07
06-26-2008, 03:42 PM
I think faberj means the type of plane MD80 not the Harrisburg Airport (MDT). Anyway there really isn't anything you can do untill wait until Midwest airlines makes a decision about the schedule in Dec. Dec is still 6 months away. If they can't accomadate you to your liking either have them put you on another airline or get a refund. The airline industry now a days is ever so chaning and I know its not fun. Hang in there!

BMan62
06-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I think faberj means the type of plane MD80 not the Harrisburg Airport (MDT). Anyway there really isn't anything you can do untill wait until Midwest airlines makes a decision about the schedule in Dec. Dec is still 6 months away. If they can't accomadate you to your liking either have them put you on another airline or get a refund. The airline industry now a days is ever so chaning and I know its not fun. Hang in there!

I understand the MD80 comment. My response was to the title of the thread about flights being canceled or changed. American Airlines flights out of Harrisburg are ALL canceled. I put the MDT in there because it is the designation of the Harrisburg, PA airport (MiDdleTown)

merlinmagic4
06-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I just purchased tickets for April 2009 on Delta. I am fairly sure there will be some sort of change but I doubt they will stop flying out of Boston. They seemed to have added a nonstop to Orlando so hopefully they'll pick up some business where other airlines are cutting back. The price was fantastic, though, so even a few changes won't bother me a bit! I am a bit worried about overbooking at this point but we'll take that as it comes.

4MyLittlePrincesses
06-26-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm a little worried. We are going to be flying with Air Canada and right when we take our trip is when they will be laying off 2000 people and cancelling flights. I really hope we will get advanced notice of any change and not just show up and be surprised.

Marilyn Michetti
06-26-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm worried, and I just made ours with SW this morning for Dec.

I don't stress alot, but I've got a little over five months to get good at it.:drama:

Jean
06-26-2008, 09:15 PM
I booked my DFW/MCO flights on United in March. I checked today, I see they have me now flying to Denver with a 3 hour layover before my flight to Orlando. They never contacted me. Too late to book another airline as the fares are now all too high. Guess this is the wave of the future.

BelleCiavo
06-26-2008, 09:40 PM
I fly Southwest and I'm not worried.

Goofy Fan
06-27-2008, 01:35 AM
Yea, we're a little worried. We're flying AirTran out of Philly in September. I'm not real familiar with the whole situation, so I hope our flights are okay.

merlinmagic4
06-27-2008, 07:42 AM
I booked my DFW/MCO flights on United in March. I checked today, I see they have me now flying to Denver with a 3 hour layover before my flight to Orlando. They never contacted me. Too late to book another airline as the fares are now all too high. Guess this is the wave of the future.

I always find it hard to believe that they can do THAT, in particular. Did you have a nonstop to begin with? I have a nonstop flight and I know the times might change (I'm okay with that) but I would be upset if they routed me another way with a layover. I look for nonstop for a reason! I wonder how often that happens.

faberj
06-27-2008, 09:13 AM
I always find it hard to believe that they can do THAT, in particular. Did you have a nonstop to begin with? I have a nonstop flight and I know the times might change (I'm okay with that) but I would be upset if they routed me another way with a layover. I look for nonstop for a reason! I wonder how often that happens.

I don't understand how they can do that either! I fly non-stop for a reason as well and usually pay more to do so!

MushuGrl
06-27-2008, 11:49 AM
As long as I make it there, I don't care what time I get in. I am worried, however, that they're gonna send me out earlier on my last day.

kellykaypa
06-27-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm flying out of MDT end of January...hopefully. I'm booked with United and I hope they don't follow American Airlines lead and cancel my flight. 1-Stop at Washington/Dulles so I guess worse case scenerio I'll be driving to Washington/Dulles.

Chic-a-pin
06-27-2008, 01:43 PM
We're flying out of IND to MCO on Airtran in October. I JUST checked out our flight and found out it was cancelled. I called Airtran and they let me pick from any flight from the same day to the previous day to go on. The gal I talked to was very nice and helpful. It actually works out better, because now we'll get down there around 9:30am instead of 1:30 on the original flight :thumbsup:

dw2649
06-27-2008, 05:49 PM

You might want to see if they can get you onto codeshare flights with USAirways via Charlotte, NC. That should get you into Orlando a lot faster than going back to Denver and flying to Orlando.

AvonleaCF
06-28-2008, 10:27 PM
My original flight from New York City to MCO on American Airlines was cancelled (they cut half the flights from NY to Orlando) and put me on a different one. I didn't like the time change, so I cancelled and got a full refund, and re-booked on JetBlue (it was $10 more altogether, but the times were much better).

Tinkerbellfan
06-28-2008, 10:40 PM
I am booked on Jetblue for July and for November. I booked my July flight for work over a 3 months ago and not changes so far, so I feel confident for my November flight.

Jetblue was just voted among the top airlines in the US. Plus, they are not charging for extra bags. As long as this continues, I will continue to book with Jetblue. I can't believe some carriers are charging for bags. If I buy a 7 night ticket, I would assume bags are included (and soda or water too). Soon, airplanes will charge to use the ladies room - one square is free - more than one is $1 extra!