PDA

View Full Version : Just got back!

sammysam13
06-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Had a wonderful time (11 days) and thought I'd give some tips/opinions/recommendations:

1/ Hollywood Studios - Head to Toy Story Mania FIRST thing!!!! This attraction was so popular, we had to skip it 2 of the days in the park :(. The traffic REALLY bottlenecks in that area as well.

2/ California Grill - Do not let the menu scare you! ABSOLUTELY the best meal we had during our stay. Tell the wait staff what you like and go from there. We had the filet of beef :number1: and the pork tenderloin :thumbsup:. Our DD had the children's steak (which tasted better than any steak we had at Le Cellier).

3/ EPCOT
(a) So many times when we went in the past, we skipped the films in the World Showcase, because our DD was young and got bored easily. This time we saw them all with the exception of Norway's (which was not shown :confused:). If you enjoy Soarin, see Oh Canada! It was excellent! We really enjoyed the China and France films as well.
(b) Take your children to the Kid-cot booths and let them color marks and let them gather 'tokens' for visiting each country! One of the smartest thing we did this trip.

4/ Take the boat from DHS to EPCOT - In my opinion, a nice break from riding the buses. Plus there is a stop at the Boardwalk.

5/ Animal Kingdom
(a) Take the time to stop and see Flights of Wonder....When they asked for a volunteer, our DD waved her arms frantically and got to participate in a math competion against a parrot :D! Great pictures!
(b) Flame Tree Barbecue - Very good ribs & chicken at counter service prices. Wish we had eaten there instead of Rainforest Cafe our last trip.

6/ Photopass Photographers - See one standing around in an area that Disney characters are supposed to be? Ask them when the characters will be back :secret:! Our DD was first in line for more than a 1/3 of her 39 autographs. Our longest wait was 15 minutes waiting for Dopey to show up!

Hope this helps someone with their plans!

darko aggie
06-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Glad you had a wonderful time :thumbsup: Thanks for the tips. I hope you'll post some of your pictures.

scottgr
06-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the info..we are off in 91 days...I got to try those RIBS... :mickey:

Goofy Forever
06-26-2008, 04:17 PM
:thumbsup: Sounds like a great trip!!!!:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Sounds like it was a great trip, thanks for sharing. I would also like to second the Toy Story Mania FIRST! We arrived during the EMH hours in the morning, about 40 minutes into it and the return fast pass time was just before noon and the wait time was already posting 50 minutes.

SgtTigger
06-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the report........

I too like to watch the fils in World Showcase..... Norway was not working when we were there in Early June ether........ Glad you had a great time........

:cop: :tigger:

vizsla
06-27-2008, 05:21 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time.

faline
06-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Good tips! Thanks for sharing!

mommy2maddi
06-27-2008, 05:54 PM
thanks for the tips!!! they always help:)

pdrlkr
06-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Queen Stephanie
06-28-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm giving you an A for this report...good job:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
06-30-2008, 08:11 AM
I am so glad that you had a great trip. Thank you for sharing your helpful tips. I am sure that will be very beneficial for others reading your report. :mickey:

dtootsie42
06-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks for sharing. Your tips are wonderful!

Mackflava99
06-30-2008, 11:33 PM
I just got back too- i agree with that area near Toy story mania- it was crazy- especially on the Star Wars days...
We also went to Cali grill- and i agree it was tremendous-
Thanks for your nice report-

I enjoyed writing one, it was cool...
If you want to look at mine- look for the "Good, the bad and the Magical "

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the advice

Lizzie
07-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the tips sounds like a great trip.

Young@Heart
07-12-2008, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the tips! I'm starting to worry about TSM.

mouseketeer mom
07-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the tips! Always good to know what worked out, or could have been better or done differently. Thanks!

jonahbear2006
07-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks for sharing> I love these types of posts. I really like to hear about people's lives and what they are interested in. Gains perspective in my own. We are starting to wonder if we shouldn't skip TSM. It sounds fun, but man, there is next year. My DH really really really gets frustrated with large crowds and it tends to ruin our moments, so we avoid them at all costs. As a matter of fact, we would never go to Disney during a busy week because he just couldn't handle it. We left the MK one day and gave up on our day because of the large amounts of people.

DISNEYLOVERS5
07-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks For The Tips