PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the bad and the Magic :) Day 2

Mackflava99
06-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Day 2

Today we woke up to a gray morning, lots of rain and cloudy skies. But we are in the land of Magic, so we tried to make the best of it. We had a character breakfast at 1900 Park fare, so we took the boat to the Contemporary and then the monorail to the Grand Floridian. The GF is a terrific hotel, just a real special place, but I think it’s a little too stuffy for my family and not as fun as the places we like to stay.
Anyway, at the breakfast, we had a great buffet, the oblate I had, been perfect, and my kids love the Mickey waffles. They even had lobster eggs Benedict, but my wife said it was very “different”.
As for characters, they had Alice in Wonderland, Pooh, TIgger, the Mad Hatter and also Mary Poppins-
It was a real character fest and my kids were in their glory. The Mad hatter and tigger were making fun of each other and they really put on a good show- throwing grapes at each other, it was hysterical, even for us parents.
We then went to MK for a little while and got to go on a few rides before the downpours came again.
My mom was visiting us, so she wasn’t up for walking in the rain, so we went back to the Wilderness lodge.
No one had come to fix the modem yet, so I was still kind of upset. Anyway, then the sun came back, so we went in the WL pool. It’s a great pool with a nice waterslide and a very cool section where a stream flows into the pool that originates inside the lobby  and ends up at a real working geyser…it’s a real cool place to hang out. Especially with the theme music that is always playing at WL….We has a quick lunch at Roaring Forks, they make a great salad with apple vinaigrette, and it’s my fav salad in WDW,
Later that evening, then went over to the Poly for the Hawaiian Luau.
It started getting really hot and humid, by the time we got there we were sweating bullets, I have never seen my kids sweat so much. The concierge at the WL told us to get there 45 min early…so we did, but in reality we didn’t need to, because we had assigned seats…I had called for our ADR way back 180 days prior so we had a table front row exact center. Tremendous seats. The theater, while outside was cool, so we all felt better. The food was really good, the pineapple bread was to die for.. and the smoking volcano dessert was a hit. As for the show, my kids loved it, they even got called up to do the hula with 2 dancers. The guy performing the fire dance was worth the price of admission. We really enjoyed it. As for the Poly, we walked around the hotel, it’s a very very nice hotel, I can see why everyone loves it, good design, easy access to MK, excellent restaurants,,and a Wyland gallery too..
I had stayed there many years ago, and its changed a lot.
We got back and took a boat over to the Contemporary and swam in their pool. The water slide was very cool, it was a little better than the one at the WL. Night swimming was cool, we fell asleep early that night.
Good- The Luau was much better than I expected.
Bad- Waiting 45 minutes for the luau in the humidity and heat..
Magical – My twin girls met another pair of twins born 2 weeks after them , then they met a set of twins born 3 weeks prior to them on the boat to CR.

KylesMom
06-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Glad that the rain cleared up & you were able to enjoy the luau. Reviews are always mixed, I was happy to see that yours was a :thumbsup:.

Nice day with characters, MK, good food and pool time! WOW lots of twin sightings today! :mickey:

Stich8818
06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Gald to see you have fun at the Luau. I totally agree about the 45 minute wait that is way to long. You had the heat we had the rain. And you are correct the fire dancer was the best.

mouseketeer mom
06-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Bryan!
This report is so much fun!
Ut oh..your girls were sweating bullets???
Thats what I'm so afraid of..that we won't be able to handle the August heat when we go..
Yes! We love the fire dancer too!!!! He is our favorite part of the Luau. The first time Khloe saw him she was 8 and it was the hardest we ever saw her laugh in our lives. She didn't know what to make of him!!!!
Sounds like you guys are really enjoying WL!!
Keep it comin'!!!!!
Lisa

faline
06-26-2008, 06:29 PM
An almost-perfect (except for the weather) Disney day from the grape fight in the morning to the fire performer in the evening!

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2008, 06:32 PM
What a fun day. I love the Luau dinner show as well...but the standing in line was a pain. Literally, they crammed so many people and kept telling us to move up further that I was pushed over the bumper curb where you park strollers and I left some skin on a rock there. I guess there will always be a part of me in WDW!! hehehe:secret:

Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Jeff
06-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the report.:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
06-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day! Kinda cool that your twins met up with two other sets of twins. I am glad you enjoyed the Luau. I really want to do that some day. Thanks for reporting.:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

#1disneyfan
06-27-2008, 11:13 PM
We did the Luau a couple years back and we loved it also. I believe we also melted while waiting to be seated ;). Thanks for sharing !

daparish
06-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the report. We have never done the Luau. Maybe I will book for our December trip.:mickey:

DizNee143
07-01-2008, 11:08 AM
another great day!!
me and my family use to go to the 1900 Park fare breakfast buffet all the time..they always had the weirdest mixture of characters there..i always enjoyed it there..
at least you were able to do a few things at the MK before the rains came..
glad you enjoyed the luau..im not a big fan of it...but i have to agree there bread is delicious!!! they also serve that bread at Olivias at OKW!! just to let ya know!! :mickey: