PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon. OK for young children?

4MyLittlePrincesses
06-26-2008, 08:57 AM
We are going to be having dinner at Whispering Canyon one night and I was wondering if it would be ok for a 3 year old and a 15 month old? I haven't told my husband either the type of atmosphere at the restaurant and thought it would be a fun surprise. I thought he would also love checking out this resort and the boat ride over would be fun for him and the kids.
I was wondering though if what goes on in the restaurant is too much of a distraction for young children or if they even enjoy the antics of the staff? Would there be a better suggestion for young children?

tmosier
06-26-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't know if there's a better choice for children or not, but I do know that I wouldn't hesitate to bring a 15 month old and a 3 yr. old to Whispering Canyon. Yes, it can get pretty noisy in there, but nothing that should make your kids nuts. Regardless, they might really like the antics--- especially your 3 yr. old who might get to be part of a stick-pony parade with the other kids in the restaurant. If you are concerned that the noise might be too much for them, maybe you could get an ADR first thing when WC opens for lunch or dinner.

RBrooksC
06-26-2008, 09:38 AM
My 18 month old was oblivious to what was happening in the restaurant. He ate some and played some. However, I was able to get into it a little. There was a little boy who asked for more crayons and everybody who had them brought them to his seat.

I did have the unfortunate luck of getting a person who was new at the waiting job there and had no clue about the antics so the list of things I had to ask the waiter or waitress fell upon deaf ears. From what I have learned since then is to make sure you ask, either when you make your advanced seating or when you get to the hostess desk, that you want a waiter who will participate. Then you can have all the fun you want.

I did get my just desserts for drink my soda too fast. I was brought shot glass sized mason jar with a straw of about three feet long coming out of it. I must say it gave me and my wife a nice chuckle.

chefmickey3
06-26-2008, 09:43 AM
We took our 15 month old last year and he did great! We also had a 3 and 5 year old who thought it was a hoot! I highly recommend Whispering Canyon for families. We were laughing so hard! It is on our list of restaurants for this August and we can't wait!

#1donaldfan
06-26-2008, 10:16 AM
it should be fine there for 'em.....go n have fun !!!!:party::cool:

4MyLittlePrincesses
06-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Thank-you all for the reassurance. My two girls are like night and day. While the oldest is fearless and will very happily and willingly join in any antics and mischief, our youngest is very timid, shy, and clings to me in most situations. Night and day those two. We will give it a try and hopefully the baby will loosen up when she sees her big sister yucking it up. Thanks!