PDA

View Full Version : new Aug-Sept Special

Tink1
06-26-2008, 07:05 AM
For travel August 3, 2008 – September 27, 2008
Select Disney Value Resorts - $69* per night, plus tax in a standard room for stays most nights 8/9-8/26, 9/1-9/15 and 9/22-9/27, 2008. Additional per adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.

Select Disney Moderate Resorts - $109* per night, plus tax in a standard room. Additional per adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.

Disney’s Old Key West Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - $179* per night, plus tax in a studio.

Don’t miss this limited-time offer! Book by July 27, 2008.

Booking Dates 6/26-7/27/08
Travel Dates 8/3-9/27/08

Codes
Room Only - DDH Thanks Intercot!
MYW package - DCT Thanks Intercot!
MYW + dining - DDK Thanks Intercot!
MYW + deluxe - DDN Thanks Intercot!
Military code - GRZ

If you copy and paste, please give credit
It looks like availability is limited at many resorts, so in order to get the rates you may have to switch. This post will be edited/updated as info comes in.

sonkist32
06-26-2008, 10:09 AM
booked 2 nights 8-23 and 24 at pop with 1 day park hopper for Sunday for 400 bucks for me and the DW, all for free with Disney rewards dollars. Just a quick stop at Orlando before our cruise on RCCL Monday-Friday for our 10 year anniversary :party:

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-26-2008, 08:01 PM
what if you are already booked with the free dining does this discount apply too?

Dr. Disney
06-27-2008, 12:17 AM
what if you are already booked with the free dining does this discount apply too?

Unfortunately, it does not. Disney will only allow 1 promotion discount per reservation. To receive free dining, you have to pay rack rates.

lebo
06-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Is it possible that there are no Value Resorts for this code? This is what they said to me when I called Disney.

coloradowendyl
06-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Availability of rooms with discounted rates is inventory controlled. It may be that for your dates, Disney is currently not showing availability at the value resorts.

All resort categories are included in the promotion based on availability.

If you have some date flexibility, you may find a value resort with availability.

Wendy

r4kids
06-30-2008, 10:54 AM
For travel August 3, 2008 – September 27, 2008
Select Disney Value Resorts - $69* per night, plus tax in a standard room for stays most nights 8/9-8/26, 9/1-9/15 and 9/22-9/27, 2008. Additional per adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.

Select Disney Moderate Resorts - $109* per night, plus tax in a standard room. Additional per adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.

Disney’s Old Key West Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - $179* per night, plus tax in a studio.

Don’t miss this limited-time offer! Book by July 27, 2008.

Booking Dates 6/26-7/27/08
Travel Dates 8/3-9/27/08

Codes
Room Only - DDH Thanks Intercot!
MYW package - DCT Thanks Intercot!
MYW + dining - DDK Thanks Intercot!
MYW + deluxe - DDN Thanks Intercot!
Military code - GRZ

If you copy and paste, please give credit
It looks like availability is limited at many resorts, so in order to get the rates you may have to switch. This post will be edited/updated as info comes in.

Why is there a code for dining if it is room only discount? I am trying to figure out what discounts are available in Jan and how much they discount. Thanks :mickey:

Marker
06-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Is this an indication that the free dining in September is not bringing in the numbers they hoped?

coloradowendyl
06-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Why is there a code for dining if it is room only discount? I am trying to figure out what discounts are available in Jan and how much they discount. Thanks

The room portion of the package is discounted with this promotion based on availability. The dining plan price will be the same, $37.99 per adult/child over 9 and $9.99 per child 3-9, however the room portion will have the discount applied if you choose to book a package with the Aug/Sept. package discount.

If you choose the deluxe dining plan, the deluxe dining plan price would remain $69.99 adult and child over 9 and $19.99 for child 3-9.

Wendy

r4kids
06-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Ahhh now I understand. So if we have a room only ressie for Jan at CSR, we can add dining when the packages come out in Aug/Sept, then if a discount for room only comes out we can apply it to the ressie? Am I correct or just crazy and playing the what if game? :)

kellyisbusy
06-30-2008, 01:52 PM
That is how I understand it.

I just book a AP room rate for a week at AK that cost $1038, I am cancelled my ressie at AK with free dining for the same time since it is almost $1100 more with the free dining and one day passes.

I_am_ts
06-30-2008, 02:20 PM
If you have a room only reservation booked for January it is currently at a non-guaranteed rate. Dining cannot be added to a regular room only reservation.

2009 packages which have not been released yet. Your agent can fill you in on details.

Annual Passholders may now add dining options without having the 1 day base ticket minimum.

However, Free Dining was not offered to Passholders.

doodleboy
07-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Is this an indication that the free dining in September is not bringing in the numbers they hoped?

It is an indication of many things I think. Not so much that people don't want to take advantage of dining package, but the general state of the economy has people in a hold mode. For some the additional cost of airfare or gas, if you are driving, may be "the straw that breaks the camel's back." If you travel with four people like me, the almost doubling of airfare in the last year has made me reconsider our October trip. Not to mention what a huge bite the cost of gas has taken out of my regular budget, since the only way for me to get to work is drive everyday.

coloradowendyl
07-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Historically Disney has released a second Aug/Sept discount after the free dining promotion has ended booking. They did it both in 2007 and 2006.

Wendy

andmomlau
07-06-2008, 09:13 PM
I just read about the special for Aug-Sept. that was just released. We have already booked our trip through AAA for Aug. 13-Aug18 staying at POR. We are taking our 20 year old daughter and her friend so we opted to take 2 rooms for this trip . Does anyone know if we can upgrade even if this trip package is already paid for? We booked the Magic Your
Way plus Dining. I was just wondering if using this special pricing, we could get into one of the other resorts such as BC or YC for the same price? Thanks for any help.

KarenP
07-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Yes, you can change to a different resort with the promotion even after you are paid in full. The discount would however, be subject to availability for your resort and dates of travel.

Jeany031
07-13-2008, 02:09 PM
What about the Swan and the Dolphin they have special rates too?

Tink1
07-13-2008, 07:27 PM
What about the Swan and the Dolphin they have special rates too?

Swan and Dolphin are not Disney owned hotels so they are not included in this offer. They do however run their own promotions when they need to fill rooms.

Nanci

Jeany031
07-14-2008, 02:07 PM
thank you for the info!

KSingletary
07-16-2008, 04:58 PM
We may be planning a trip very quickly (waiting to hear about job), that would be July 30 thru Aug. 6. Can we get the discounted rates for the part of the trip that falls after the 3rd? When I tried to get a quote on the Disney web site using this special, it would only let me put in a starting date of 8/3. We want to do the dining plan and I think doing two separate reservations would end up costing us more because of the longer you stay less you pay for tickets.

megustamex
07-16-2008, 05:09 PM
If you book on one of the big travel sites they will let you do this. They are offering the discounted rates starting Aug. 3 as well and they break out the price per night. Not sure if you can get the dining plan if you don't book with Disney or if this is something you can add when you get to the hotel.