PDA

View Full Version : My Flower Power Disney Trip Day 18

PeterPansMagic
06-26-2008, 01:31 AM
We had breakfast at the resort & then we took the bus to the Magic Kingdom. After getting off the bus I got my bags checked by security.

After we got inside the Magic Kingdom, I saw the Barbershop Quartet with some of the other street performers. I immediately got out my camcorder & started filming. The singing fireman took my camcorder & he filmed me dancing with the others. It was really cool. After all of that fun, the fire marshall noticed my birthday button & he gave me a sticker. He made me into an honorary fire marshall.

We went to Adventureland. In Adventureland, we rode on the Jungle Cruise. The Jungle Cruise is where you sit in a boat in a circle facing the other passengers. The cast member takes you through the jungle & he makes jokes about what is going to happen. I happen to love this ride.

After Jungle Cruise, I rode on the Magic Carpets Of Aladdin. It's a ride where you sit in a carpet & you have a choice of making it go up & down or stay in the middle & get squirted with water by a camel. While waiting in line to get on the ride, I saw Aladdin get on the ride with a little girl & her parents. This got me excited because I wanted to ride on a ride with a character but by the time it was my turn to ride, Aladdin was gone.

We went to the Tiki Room: Under New Management. This is an OK attraction. It's just a bunch of birds singing & dancing about the Tiki Room being under new management.

After seeing that, we needed the restroom & while looking for the restroom I saw Aladdin sitting in a shaded area. I stood there watching him sign autographs & he spotted me & my birthday button. He gave me a big smile & he said Happy Birthday, Jamie. Of course I said Thank You.

We finally found the restroom & after we used it, we went on Pirates Of The Caribbean. This is a ride where you sit in a boat & it takes you on a pirate adventure. This newer version has Captain Jack Sparrow sitting in with other animatronics. He even looks real. This ride was starting to grow on me & it was much better than the last time.

We left Adventureland & went into Frontierland. We went into the Country Bear Jamboree again where animatronic bears do a show. It's a cute show. My favorite is the bear from the ceiling & the baby bear. The music is good too. After the show, we went into Liberty Square.

In Liberty Square we wanted to take the Liberty Square Riverboat but they were just departing. We decided to try for the Haunted Mansion & this time we got in with a pass. It's another one of my favorite rides. After the ride, we went back to the Liberty Square Riverboat & boarded. I took out my video camera & filmed us going around in a circle.

After taking that relaxing ride, we decided to find a spot for the Dreams Come True Parade. I really love this parade & I love it so much that I now know the music to it when I hear it. I videotaped the parade. After the parade, we took our time down Main Street because we had a dinner reservation at Tony's Town Square.

While walking, I saw the Barbershop Quartet again so we stopped to watch them sing. The one guy even remembered me from that morning. I video taped them & I got a picture with them.

We got to Tony's Town Square & we sat outside to wait for Jim. We went inside to let them know we were there & then Jim joined us. We didn't have to wait long for a table. Our table was decorated with confetti & streamers like in December. However, this time I didn't get a birthday song or a cupcake. I guess it depends on who your cast member is. After we ate, the three of us got a picture taken with a photo pass photographer.

Jim, Louis & I went on the Haunted Mansion but the three of us couldn't fit into one car. After we got off the ride, Jim & I went on it together while Louis stayed outside. Jim showed me the Hidden Donald Duck. After we got off the ride, the three of us went to Pirates Of The Caribbean. While Louis stayed outside again, Jim & I went on the ride together. This time the ride seemed darker & the drop seemed steeper.

We all took the Monorail to EPCOT but we had to change Monorails at the Ticket & Transfer Station. Jim tried to get a seat up front with the driver but it was already booked. Oh well. This was my first time riding on the Monorail through EPCOT & it was beautiful. We all thought there should have been another exit by the Entrance to World Showcase. It would be nice & then that way people wouldn't have to do all of that walking.

We got to EPCOT & I had to get my bags checked. While doing that, Jim went over to Arlo Guthrie. I tried to get to Arlo Guthrie but my legs were giving up because I was at Magic Kingdom all day. I had to stop at the Entrance to World Showcase & sit down which meant I missed Arlo Guthrie. I was really disappointed because I wanted to impress Jim & show him that I could do it. At the time I thought I could but I failed. We stayed in our area & tried to watch Illuminations from there. It was scary at first because from where we were sitting, it looked like the area was on fire. During all of this, we tried to get a hold of Jim on his cell phone. We never did, so we went back to our hotel.

After we got back to our hotel I filled up our mugs & we went to our room. We didn't hear from Jim until the next morning.

Stay Tuned to Day 19

faline
06-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Thank you for your very detailed report! I'm surprised you didn't see Off Kilter or the British Invasion!

DizNee143
06-27-2008, 03:42 PM
another busy day!! sounds like you had fun at the MK and epcot!! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
06-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Thank you for your very detailed report! I'm surprised you didn't see Off Kilter or the British Invasion!

I was thinking the same thing, Linda! :D

Thanks for sharing another fun day with us.:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey: