PDA

View Full Version : Which Value Resort??

Cinderellaluver
06-25-2008, 10:54 PM
So with my GS troop we are planning on taking a trip to Disney World!! Finally convinced them lol. Based on past experiences of yours which value resort would you suggest and if you have any tips for us we would love it!!
Also if you would like to know there will be 7 of us plus 2 or 3 chaperones

Pirate Granny
06-26-2008, 12:54 AM
We loe the Pop...but it depends on your budget and when you are going...I would look into Fort Wilderness...the cabins have a double and bunk beds in the bedroom, full bath, and living room area which has a murphy bed...and a FULL KITCHEN...with a BBQ outside...so, if it's a slow season visit you may be able to get a deal...you should use Magical Journey's they will really be able to help you figure out the best accomodations and let you know if a 'deal' comes around after you book...also check and see if anyone has AAA...MJ can book that rate for you also. Have a great time...I always wanted to take a group down there...make it to the UK but never to Disney...
:pirate:

TIGGER17179
06-26-2008, 02:01 PM
For Value resort POP is the best. It's more spread out so it doesn't seem like you are on top of everything. This resort also has it's own bus route since it's larger - the other 3 share a bus and it can be a pain.
The food court has more to offer than the others that I've stayed at. Theme is great and has plenty to look at. You can also see the fireworks from Epcot and some from MGM.

The cabins are great and can sleep more people but they like mentioned above can get pricey. It can seem crowded when you get more than 5 in the cabin. We had 5 and it's was a little crowded with 5 adults.

Also sign up at the disney website- I did and got an email with a pin number on it for Value at 59.00 in august but when I called I was given other choices. We are going to venture out and stay at POR ( moderate) this time in august for about 17.00 more... :mickey::thumbsup:

Cinderellaluver
06-27-2008, 02:05 PM
So what your saying is pop is the way to go if we want to do a value resort

brownie
06-27-2008, 03:54 PM
We've only stayed at Movies, and really enjoy it there (although I'd like to try Pop.) It has a big food court and we've never been far from the main building. I really like the theming, especially the Toy Story buildings.

GrmGrninGost
06-27-2008, 08:07 PM
POP is our favorite, but they're all good! :mickey:

momof3+twins
06-27-2008, 09:41 PM
I think that kids tend to like Movies.

wdwvacationeer
06-27-2008, 11:12 PM
My dd's (at the time 19, 13 and 6) and I stayed at the All-Star Movies two years ago and we all really liked it. This year we are giving the All-Star Music a shot, but would definately go back to the Movies again. :mickey:

lightyearfan
06-28-2008, 02:56 PM
well for me and dw it has to be All Star Music, we just returned from another stay their and we absolutely love it. we stayed in the preferred building of Calypso and it was perfect, we were close to the main hall (walking distance), close to the pool and the noise factor is not bad at all, as a matter of fact we didn't have any noise issues at all. the resort is kept up nicely and the theming is very colorful. we will be staying at the ASMU again on our long weekend trip in December.

Victor

cajunmickey
06-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Another voter for All Star Music. You could get two suites to fit all ten of you, other wise you will need 3 rooms. Every day there are different games by the pool and a movie in the evening. We really like this resort.

the other micki
06-28-2008, 06:51 PM
We stayed at the ASMovies last trip and really enjoyed it. Cute theming for my Toy Story fans! I think anywhere with a great, big pool will make kids happy! We are trying Pop in May.

HndrdPrcnt
06-28-2008, 06:56 PM
We love POP!! We have also stayed at Sports, but did not like it as well. We loved the theming and the pools at the POP as well as the food court.

henry.james.s
06-29-2008, 05:22 PM
I like POP the most of the "Value" resorts. Since I rent a car for my stay..it's central location to most everything is a plus to me.

mousehouseguy
07-11-2008, 11:46 AM
:number1:The Pop Century resort is a great choice for those with kids. You really get a great exp there. Even the parents will feel like kids again with over 50 years of exhibits.

Daisy'sMom
07-12-2008, 01:56 PM
We have stayed at all the values and love POP, followed by Movies, Sports and Music last.

Young@Heart
07-13-2008, 02:33 AM
Another vote for POP!!! It's our favorite hands down! And we'll be there in just 3 short weeks! :cloud9:

Speedy1998
07-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Most people here will tell you that POP is the best, personnally I prefer ASMovies. The theming at Movies is way better than at POP.

jonahbear2006
07-13-2008, 09:50 AM
ive never stayed at any of them but i prefer music.