PDA

View Full Version : Is BC/YC too old???

Jen C.
06-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I am a serious self admitted hotel snob. :blush:

Outside of WDW, I stay at Hyatt properties and Ritz-Carlton properties. During our recent stays, we were fortunate enough to secure refurbished rooms at both Poly, and CR. I am nervous that the rooms at BC will seem "old". Please don't flame me for this, I know they are more than sufficient, I just have this "hotel hangup".;)

Does anyone know when the last time BC underwent a refurb? Even a soft goods exchange? Are the TV's the old, or are they the flat screen? Any info that you can offer is greatly appreciated! Again, I realize that one does not go to WDW for the room amenities typically, but I am one of the strange ones!:D

Camping Mom
06-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey, if you are going to spend the money, you expect the best...especially at Disney. Hope you get a great room.

TammiMcMan
06-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Does anyone know when the last time BC underwent a refurb?The last total refurb was about 6 or 7 years ago. It's my understanding that they started a soft rehab with the electronics back in February. To the best of my knowledge, they were upgrading the tv's and the clock radios to the IPod docking stations. I would imagine they've completed all the rooms by now.

Tigerinvestigator
06-25-2008, 11:40 PM
No they are not old!:thumbsup:

Jarrod
06-25-2008, 11:49 PM
We stayed at BC about 3 weeks ago and while we were there they changed out our radio for the one with docking station. No new TV in our room, but who knows about others. The BC is definitely ready for another refurb. Paint is worn in some places, some carpet stains, bedspreads are worn, etc. BUT, it is still a GREAT place to stay. You really cannot beat the location and the views out across the lake to the BW. Of course, SAB is great, but the quiet pool is also really nice.

RALPH
06-26-2008, 06:50 AM
My sister is what you refer to as a hotel snob. When we met her there in 2005 she hated the hotel and got transferred to the GF. I could never get concrete reasons why she hated it other than the room might have not been as "fresh" as she is used to. It did not suffer any cleanliness issues.

One of my clients was at the BC last Nov. and commented to me that the lobby was really starting to look "threadbare". He felt it needed a real sprucing up, carpet furniture, etc.

The hotel has always seemed in a good state of repair to us, and rooms have always been satisfactory. They better be for that price. But like the parks, if you have been going for a number of years you can see a little degradation from earlier years in the infrastructure. My DW noticed that everything is just not as sharp as in 1996 to 2000. Heck, if a lightbulb burned out, it was changed right away. Now they sit there for weeks or longer. Something need repainting...boom, done!

We have always been happy with the BC and have stayed there often. I feel you will always find some area that is not up to par, but you will be happy with the experience. Could the hotel not measure up...sure, but I think you will be alright.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

It would be nice if some recent BC guests could comment. We will be there in 56 days, so I cannot report back on this until Sept.