PDA

View Full Version : 5 in a room

Lizzie
06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Is it possible to rent a cot or roll away bed at some of the moderates to sleep 5 in a room. We are traveling with a family of 5 on our next trip and we would like to try Caribean Beach. And I remember reading somewhere you could rent a cot for 15 a night but then they state only 4 people in the room. Any help with this would be great.

bigbabyblues
06-25-2008, 05:35 PM
You won't be allowed to book one room at CBR for 5 people, unless one person is under 3 years old. The only moderate that allows 5 people is POR, in one certain section they have a daybed or something that will sleep a smaller person. I think it's the Alligator Bayou section, but I don't know for sure.

MauiMouse
06-25-2008, 07:12 PM
You won't be allowed to book one room at CBR for 5 people, unless one person is under 3 years old. The only moderate that allows 5 people is POR, in one certain section they have a daybed or something that will sleep a smaller person. I think it's the Alligator Bayou section, but I don't know for sure.

bigbayblues is correct, you can only book a room at Port Orleans Riverside with 5 in a room. You will be in Aligator Bayou section and you get a trundle bed, or that is what they say it's called, to me it looks more like a roll up very thin mattress.

TammiMcMan
06-25-2008, 07:20 PM
And I remember reading somewhere you could rent a cot for 15 a night but then they state only 4 people in the room.The CBR is the only resort where you can pre-reserve a cot. It's meant for those that don't want to share a bed though, not for a 5th person.

Lizzie
06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks, for the clarification was trying to figure out why you could reserve a cot. Most hotels I have stayed at let people get a rollaway for another person.

Guya103
06-25-2008, 08:20 PM
We have done the trundle bed several times at POR. It is in the Alligator Bayou and is actually comfortable. The kids found it to be much better than a standard roll-away or cot. Give it a try.:mickey:

disneyfan328
06-26-2008, 10:35 AM
My son thought that sleeping on the Trundle or roll away bed at POR was great. he got to put his bed away every morning! It is a standard twin mattress ( or slightly less thick ) (no box spring) on a metal frame that slides out from under one of the full size beds in the room. This was really the best bet for 5 in a room. I couldn't see paying more to stay at Contemporary or somewhere with a cot.:thumbsup:

Lizzie
06-26-2008, 03:02 PM
So can you sleep 5 in a room in the deluxes? We like to rotate hotels and just wondering what are options are. How much would that cost us per night we generally go during value season?

TammiMcMan
06-26-2008, 03:26 PM
So can you sleep 5 in a room in the deluxes?Not all deluxes accommodate 5. AKL and WL only allow 4 in their standard rooms.

How much would that cost us per night we generally go during value season?Based on 2008 rates, standard view, value season:

BC $325/night
BWI $325/night
CR $270/night
GF $385/night
Poly $340/night
YC $325/night

#1donaldfan
06-26-2008, 03:56 PM
bigbayblues is correct, you can only book a room at Port Orleans Riverside with 5 in a room. You will be in Aligator Bayou section and you get a trundle bed, or that is what they say it's called, to me it looks more like a roll up very thin mattress.

actually, the trundle is very nice for what it is....it's a daybed type of mattress, on a rollaway frame....(rolls under the bed when not in use.)

....POR is very nice and the AB has to be the best......:mickey:

jordy2028
07-01-2008, 05:28 PM
I had put in a request for Bldg 14 at POR in Alligator Bayou and they gave us Oak Manor (mansions) and gave us a rollaway. Don't know if that was an upgrade but it worked out. It was a little hike though to the pool, lobby, & gift shop.

GOLFDISNEY72
07-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I had put in a request for Bldg 14 at POR in Alligator Bayou and they gave us Oak Manor (mansions) and gave us a rollaway. Don't know if that was an upgrade but it worked out. It was a little hike though to the pool, lobby, & gift shop.

We stayed at Riverside last year and had the pull out bed. My 11 year old did not mind it but I think he would prefer a rollaway. I wonder if I can request this option?!?!?

baldburke
07-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Not all deluxes accommodate 5. AKL and WL only allow 4 in their standard rooms.

But AKL does have deluxe rooms that are still just a room, not a suite, that sleep 5 either by way of 2 queens and a trundle or 1 queen and bunk bed and trundle. We found the later to be good with kids as it provided more floor space. The trundle is actually large enough and comfortable enough for an adult if necessary.

Belle1217
07-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Does the trundle bed lift up or does it stay on the floor. I have only seen pics with it on the floor.

Jarrod
07-01-2008, 11:15 PM
The trundle that we had did not pop up, it stayed on the floor. But the kids fought over who got to use it. So, its a pretty good deal!

TammiMcMan
07-02-2008, 12:09 AM
But AKL does have deluxe rooms that are still just a room, not a suite, that sleep 5 either by way of 2 queens and a trundle or 1 queen and bunk bed and trundle. We found the later to be good with kids as it provided more floor space. The trundle is actually large enough and comfortable enough for an adult if necessary.Unfortunately, you have some outdated information about the AKL. That resort does not have "deluxe" rooms anymore. They've all been converted to DVC units.

The extra bed that was located in these rooms was actually a daybed and not a trundle. A trundle is something that rolls out from underneath another bed. POR is the only resort with a trundle bed.

GOLFDISNEY72, having a room with a rollaway is not typical. I'm not even sure that they'll allow you to put the request on your reservation, as rollaways are not listed as a room amenity. You could probably ask at check-in, but those are usually set aside and only used on an as needed basis (ie trundle rooms are sold out).

jonahbear2006
07-02-2008, 02:51 AM
The poly, the beach club, yacht club, and the floridian all accomodate 5 people, as long as the children arent teens. We have booked at Beach cause we think that walking to epcot and hollywood is a fantastic luxury. there is two parks we dont have to get buses too, and walking to epcot to catch the monorail will get us to magic k. so AK is the only place we need to go and we will drive our van so i can avoid buses. I will be very happy to note that I will not be riding disney buses this trip...something that makes me all giddy inside after the LAST trip. ughhh!!!!!

TammiMcMan
07-02-2008, 03:59 AM
The poly, the beach club, yacht club, and the floridian all accomodate 5 people, as long as the children arent teens.:confused: there's no age limit on the 5th person in the room.

baldburke
07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Unfortunately, you have some outdated information about the AKL. That resort does not have "deluxe" rooms anymore. They've all been converted to DVC units.

Wow, I am out of date! Thanks for the info. Do the DVC units sleep 5? AKL was a bit far out anyway so maybe we'll look elsewhere for next time.

TammiMcMan
07-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Wow, I am out of date! Thanks for the info. Do the DVC units sleep 5?Yes, there are studio units at the AKV which accomodate 5. I believe it's a pull out chair that supplies the 5th bed.