PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Crocs

fanofdisney
06-25-2008, 03:11 PM
I have a question about Crocs that were purchased at WDW last year so I hope this is where I post this question. Last year we purchased Mickey Crocs for our children at WDW and during our trip we were constantly losing our jibits but we were busy with our vacation and didn't think of asking about this problem while we were there. Well, I ran into someone last week with Mickey Crocs but the Mickey's are smaller so the jibits won't fall out. Obviously, they realized there was a problem and corrected it. We are going to WDW in the fall and I am wondering if anyone knows if they will give us a credit for the ones we have to purchase new ones with the smaller Mickeys?

Disneyatic
06-25-2008, 03:14 PM
I can't say for certain, but I seriously doubt it.

I know that whenever we bought jibbitz, we were told that they did not work with the Disney crocs because of the shape of the holes vs. the regular circular holes.

You could try, and with Disney's great customer service, you might get lucky!

fanofdisney
06-26-2008, 12:02 AM
The jibbitz where purchased at WDW and sold next to the Mickey Crocs There was no mention of them not being compatable with the Mickey Crocs. Since we bought the Crocs and jibbitz at the same time I would think the CM would have made mention that the Disney jibbitz wouldn't work with the crocs we were purchasing. Is there someone I should try to contact before we go in the fall?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Erm....I might be wrong, but I am fairly certain that the Disney Jibbitz have and always were compatible with the Disney Crocs.

They didn't change the size of the Mickey heads. Now, the MJ Mickey Crocs are desgined with smaller holes, but the general ones haven't changed. Nor have the Jibbitz.

I will say that they hold best when inserted and moved to the ears.

Then again, I think the shoes, despite how comfortable they are, are overpriced as are the Jibbitz.

If you really wanted to, visit Guest Relations when you enter the park but I don't think they will be able to do much.

MPoppins
06-26-2008, 10:50 AM
I had the same troubles with the "regular" Jibbitz and my Disney Crocs. The Mickey cut-outs just didn't work with the Jibbitz - Disney or otherwise. Just a couple of weeks ago, I purchased several Jibbitz that have a collar of sorts. So picture these layers: the Jibbitz, the Croc, the plastic circular collar that is larger than the Mickey cut-out in the Croc, and then the black "button." The collar keeps the Jibbitz from falling in or out of the shoe! There were many characters from which to choose. I purchased mine at Summer Sands at DTD. I know that this doesn't help with your question of an exchange or refund but I'm thinking you'll be glad to know that there are Disney Jibbitz that work with Disney Crocs.:thumbsup:

crazeedizneefinatic
06-26-2008, 11:58 AM
We had the same problem, although when we bought them the CM did tell us that the Jibbitz are not compatable and could fall out. They have, we have lost 4-5. I guess the big question would be how worn are the shoes? If they are not worn and you have the tag or receipt they might do something for you, I would assume they would want to know they were bought on property. Also I don't think they would return something that has been worn for a year. Although, it is Disney so they may go above and beyound for you unlike a regular store and like anything depending upon which CM you get. They sell the Disney crocs locally here (which are cheaper than Disney) and almost bought a pair. My son lives in his, he also has several pair of "regular" crocs but the Mickey ones are best in his opinion. Have the holes really changed? The ones around us are the same, maybe I will hold out till our trip in September just so we don't have to obsess about losing the shoe charms.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-26-2008, 01:08 PM
No, the holes haven't changed. Just some styles have smaller holes. Like the MJ's. They have smaller holes than the regular Disney Crocs.

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2008, 01:28 PM
I had the same problem with my crocs last year. The Mickey holes are larger than the jibbitz....and there is a sign at the jibbitz display that says the jibbitz are not compatible with disney crocs. On a side note, I have had the same Cinderella castle in my crocs for over a year and I haven't lost it yet, but I did lose my Tinkerbell.

I can tell you that the new jibbitz (Karen bought me some in May) have a clear plastic collar on them that holds them in place much better.

Good luck!!:mickey:

Aggie97
06-26-2008, 02:03 PM
When you click on the adult Disney Beach Crocs on the Crocs web site, it has this notice:

Note: Disney© Beach Crocs have larger ventilation holes and are not compatible with Jibbitz

:mickey:

fanofdisney
06-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the help everyone:mickey:

kadesha
06-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I bought our whole family mickey crocs on our last trip. We filled them with jibbitz, which wasn't cheap. We ended up losing every single one of them though. Makes me mad that they sell them right next to each other and make no mention of how they aren't compatible with each other when you check out. :mad:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Actually, on the rack containing th Jibbitz, there is a sign that says they aren't compatible.

However, I was sitting there at work today, and I filled a pair of Crocs with Jibbitz without the 'collars' in every hole. I shook them, I banged them against each other, I even pushed them around with my fingers. They didn't come out unless I put enough force into pulling them out.

But that was just one experiment. It could be faulty.

buzznwoodysmom
06-30-2008, 09:14 AM
My boys each got a pair of disney crocs last Thanksgiving while at WDW. They each got 3 or 4 jibbitz and wore them everyday on our trip and have worn them a lot since we got back. We have not lost any of our jibbitz. They even wore them earlier this month at Vero Beach and WDW and we still have all our jibbitz. Interesting how some people have trouble with them and others don't.

MouseManiac
07-01-2008, 04:49 PM
We are all Croc-aholics in this house and bought our 3 children their Mickey Crocs last year on our trip. We too learned the hard way that the Jibbitz don't work so well on the ol Mickey's, but have found that if you secure the inside of the Jibbit with a rubber band they will stay on better... Just connect a few of them together... or Disneyify your regular Crocs with Jibbitz and keep your Mickey's bare... that's what we do now. :walk:

Tink#64
07-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I had to planned to purchase Disney Crocs as my first pair, but had already heard of the problems with the Jibbitz. I purchased regular Beach style croc & have a bunch of Disney Jibbitz! I too purchased some during our visit to WDW in April & they also had the extra plastic "washer" to help hold the Jibbit in place.

I too seriously doubt that WDW would do anything about the lost Jibbitz. I recently opened the photo album that we purchased during that April trip & learned that it was defective. I called & was told that I needed to make a copy of my reciept & ship it to them & that upon receipt they would send me a replacement. No problem there, but what if I no longer had my receipt? It's an "2008 WDW" album! :silly: Where else & when would I have gotten this? The CM was nice as always, this just made me chuckle!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Actually, it's not where you got it that they are concerned about.

They want to make sure you actually paid for it.

A lot of people steal stuff, very blatantly, and then try to return it. Mostly, pins, jewelry, Jibbitz, and charms. But they also steal clothes (such as princess costumes, complete with ink tags) and try to return them. Or they try to return stuff from the Disney Store and insists they bought them here at WDW. Or Wal-Mart items.

Trust me, I've seen and dealt with it all.

Imagineer1981
07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
just go buy them at Hallmark or the mall...much cheaper

DisneyDog
07-10-2008, 10:52 AM
The Disney jibbitz are the most expensive jibbitz you can buy. My DS broke about 4 of them. The lady at the crocs kiosk in the mall said that if I brought back any part of the broken ones, she would give me a new one for free, even without a receipt. I never did it, but I thought that was very generous of them to offer that.

tys_mommy
07-10-2008, 11:20 AM
The Disney jibbitz are the most expensive jibbitz you can buy. My DS broke about 4 of them. The lady at the crocs kiosk in the mall said that if I brought back any part of the broken ones, she would give me a new one for free, even without a receipt. I never did it, but I thought that was very generous of them to offer that.

There is actually a spot online at the crocs website where you can report/claim damages and they’ll send you replacements – a friend had a back strap break and a replacement was sent right away. I doubt though there is anything they can do about lost jibbitz but if they are broken I'm sure they'd stand by them as well.