PDA

View Full Version : Lunch at Garden Grill

AirlineGuy07
06-25-2008, 12:25 PM
We will be in Disney Dec 9-14th however due to the priority seating for the Candlelight Processional we couldn't get an ADR for the Garden Grill at Dinner time so we settled for lunch. It looks like they serve the same food for both lunch and dinner so I was wondering since it is cheaper during lunch do they serve smaller portions??

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Garden Grill is served family style, but it is an all-you-can-eat, so no worries about portion size!

I think that the only difference is that there is a salad at dinner that lunch doesn't have.

We had lunch at GG on our last trip, for the first time, and it was wonderful!

Hayden's Dad
06-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Sorry I don't know the difference in poritons, but we really enjoy lunch there. It is one of our msut dos now.

MauiMouse
06-25-2008, 07:01 PM
The only difference like ibelieveindisneymagic said is that at dinner you will get a salad, and you won't at lunch. It's served family style and you can get seconds, thirds or how every much you want of anything they serve. Go and enjoy, it's good character interaction and also good food. :chef:

Tigerinvestigator
06-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Best lunch at WDW!:thumbsup:

TIGGER17179
06-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Can you request not to have the beef or have it cooked more? They serve it very rare and none of us will eat it and I hate to waste food. It's been awhile since we went but I was thinking of maybe trying it again this year.

KylesMom
06-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Can you request not to have the beef or have it cooked more? They serve it very rare and none of us will eat it and I hate to waste food. Sure, you can do this at any TS restaurant. When you place your drink order, just ask to have the marinated beef removed entirely, or ask to have it well done.

We have lunch ADRs at GG each trip - it truly is a great place to dine. Don't worry about the lunch to dinner menu - you can ask for as much as you want of anything they serve. Me, I'm constantly requesting more of the tender medium rare beef and rolls with orange butter! :cloud9:

Disneyatic
06-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Sure, you can do this at an TS restaurant. When you place your drink order, just ask to have the marinated beef removed entirely, or ask to have it well done.

We have lunch ADRs at GG each trip - it truly is a great place to dine. Don't worry about the lunch to dinner menu - you can ask for as much as you want of anything they serve. Me, I'm constantly requesting more of the tender medium rare beef and rolls with orange butter! :cloud9:

I have a similar question, can you request the sauce to be left off of the turkey (I think it's turkey, maybe pork?) the meat looks great but I don't know about the cranberry sauce that comes on it.
Are they okay with those kind of requests also?

Crow
06-26-2008, 07:50 PM
GG was a good lunch. all you care to eat.
Id eat there again. & you can ask for more of the items you want only

ElenitaB
06-26-2008, 08:17 PM
We've always found them to be very accomodating at GG. We have lunch there if we're not on the DP; if we are, we have dinner there.

tracy65
07-06-2008, 05:42 AM
I ate there last year and asked to have no sauces on the meat and no catfish and they had no problem doing it

Jared
07-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately, The Garden Grill Restaurant will stop serving lunch Oct. 6. The location will remain open for dinner. See here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=136708) for more information about the changes.

:tasty:

TIGGER17179
07-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks -- I think I may give it a try again this year. Is there a better time to make dinner reservations? I was so crowded last time we had to wait for 45 min even with a ADR!

kadesha
07-06-2008, 04:57 PM
There is no more lunch in December at Garden Grill, they recently cancelled it. You need to call and make new ADR's!

moe513
07-07-2008, 09:45 AM
My friend went a few weeks ago and it was not rotating.