PDA

View Full Version : Jan 7-13

Hayden's Dad
06-25-2008, 10:50 AM
We are tentavily planning a trip for Hayden's birthday Jan 7-13. This is during Marathon weekend. We have never been during this time of year and wanted some opinions.

How does this affect crowds?

Are there more characters out for the event?

How is this time of year in general?

Thanks

faline
06-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Crowds are not generally affected by the marathon but traffic is when the marathon is running.

I think some characters are around for the beginning of the race and that sort of thing but I don't think you'd find any different, or more, characters during this event.

Generally lines are quite short in through most of January (once you get past New Year's) though there is a spike for Martin Luther King weekend.

Weather is quite variable. It can be very pleasant and quite warm; downright cold; or something in between.

kdbianchini
06-25-2008, 04:47 PM
We have been twice during marathon weekend. The first time, the weather was chilly, but the second time it was very warm and rainy. The crowds are very light in my opinion. There was traffic during the marathon, as some of the roads were closed for runners, but we took the buses and had no problem getting around. Epcot was busy after the marathon (the marathon starts and ends in Epcot) but I don't think that it was "crowded". I would definatley go again during marathon weekend.

Hayden's Dad
06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the advice. We take busses everywhere too so I was hoping they wouldn't be impacted by the traffic.