PDA

View Full Version : Swan Dolphin

gerald72
06-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Since it isn't a Disney-owned resort, are there any privelages that aren't available at the Swan and Dolphin that you would enjoy elsewhere on Disney property?

quicksand
06-25-2008, 07:48 AM
At Swan/Dolphin you cannot get the Dinning plan. You can participate in EMH.

big blue and hairy
06-25-2008, 08:00 AM
The only other difference is Magical Express. It doesn't go to the Swan And Dolphin. The Swalphin is very nice and you are right in the middle of the Epcot/Hollywood Studios area.

:sulley:

MidnTPK
06-25-2008, 08:55 AM
And you can't charge to your hotel room account in the parks.

iadarolas
06-28-2008, 09:58 PM
You get most of the same perks at the Swan and Dolphin except for the following: no Magical Express; no dining plan; no use of room card to charge things at the parks to your room. All else is the same. You still are able to participate in the extra magic hours and can use Disney transportation. Personally, I think it is a great place to stay if you can get a good room rate. The location is, in my opinion, the best at Disney, especially if you have older children/teens. Or, if you are without children, there is plenty of night life at this resort as well as at the nearby Boardwalk. You can't beat being able to walk to EPCOT and DStudios. We stayed at the Swan last year and it must have been a slow time (not a lot of business conventioneers). We never waited for transportation to and from parks. My sister and family stayed at POP at the same time and they were constantly waiting in lines for buses. The beautiful pool was practically ours to ourselves which was great! The resteraunts were never busy and we always got seated immediately without a wait or reservation. We had a wonderful experience and enjoyed taking advantage of the discount for nurses/teacher/government employees of $169 night. I think it is a steal for the location!:mickey:

passholderryan
06-29-2008, 01:34 PM
This and the Dolphin are the best kept secrets. We stay hear regularly (3-5 times a year). Even got married here in April 08. 5 minute walk to Epcot. Pool is great. Great perks with EMH. Never any wait for the buses.

disneyworld55925592
06-30-2008, 09:05 PM
we love the swan and dolphin. I don't really notice the difference it has a gift shop with all disney stuff. We walk into the back of Epcot like every night. The best part about it is that because it isnt techniqually a disney hotel it is a little quieter :secret:

Mousemates
07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
We just got back from a seven night stay which included a couple of nights (the last two) at the Swan (queen beds vs. full sized bed at the Dolphin) and my family loved the place. The Grotto pool was great, the atmosphere in the late evening around the resorts is both relaxing and almost surreal (theres something about those big smiling fish on top of the dolphin that captivates me :)), and in the evening you can stroll over to the boardwalk for some fun street entertainers or watch the "tall fireworks" from illuminations from the bridge behind the dance hall. And all this for a fraction of the price (if you can get booked at one of the disocunt rates) you would pay at one of the other "official " disney epcot resorts (BW,YC, BC)--we saved over $120 night over a standard room at the YC.

By the way, also note that all the good things you read about the heavenly beds :cloud9: at the Swan are not hype, but reality.

DisneyDudet
07-01-2008, 04:28 PM
The perks that you don't get at the Swan/Dolphin have already been listed. I would like to chime in that they have Disney reps in both hotels, and can help you get ADRs, even ticketing.

The only caveat about these hotels is the parking fee. You do have to pay to park your car. I think that when we stay there again, we'll use a town car. You also don't get a fridge to be used for your drinks. They have a minibar, and sometimes there's room for a can to cool over night, but thats it.

All I can say is that, if you qualify for their discounts, you are staying at VERY nice resorts, to the quality of a Deluxe, for just a little more than what you'd pay to stay at a mod. THAT right there is the deal breaker.

And yes, these hotels are very quiet, as they are convention hotels, especially the Dolphin. Plus, you feel like you are away from the hustle and bustle of Disney. We enjoy it, and recommend it to anyone!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Everyone has pretty much summed up the positives about these hotels. I just wanted to chime in that I LOVE these hotels. I usually stay there at a discounted rate so you can't beat that. Also, the location is fantastic.
They have their own refillable mugs (or at least they did last time I stayed there).
And the beds truly are the most comfortable that I've ever slept in anywhere! And I worked for a hotel for 13 years and stayed in quite a few of our hotels.
And when you stay at these hotels you get to use the facilities at both of them. You CAN use your room key to charge between the Swan & Dolphin.