PDA

View Full Version : My ADR's, a few questions

bkfree
06-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I called today and made our ADR's for our
Dec. 3-9th trip. It will be our 3rd trip, my kids are 7 and 9.
I got straight thru with zero wait time, called around 1100am.

Dinner at Boma-This will be our first time here.

Dinner at Chef Mickey's -Our favorite redo

Dinner at Chefs De France- First time here,talk to me about it.

Dinner at Kona- Wanted Ohana, never been there but it was booked the entire week. We have never been to Kona either so I was happy.
Tell me about Kona

Dinner at Hollywood and Vine-First time here.

Dinner at 1900 Park Fare- another favorite revisit.

Any comments welcome.
Our last two trips we have eaten at Crystal Palace, Le Cellier, Marrakesh, Sci Fi, Spoodles,
Mexico, Germany, Tony's, Wolfgang Puck and Japan.

Tegrigg
06-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Kona is not that great, the kids really didn't like it. Hollywood and Vine is great, just came back and ate there for the 2nd time. A really good place is Whispering Canyons. Great for the kids.
1978 offsite
1982 offsite
1985 tree house villas
1989 cbr
2001 Poly
2003 Poly
2005 Poly
2008 Poly

cal5755
06-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I can only comment on H&V. We actually love this buffet. A lot of people don't but it is one we really enjoy this restaurant.

We are trying Kona, Ohana, and Boma for the first time in Sept.

Have a great trip!!

princessimagineer
06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
last trip we were staying in the poly and didnt have reservations for the first night so we just decided to wing it and go to kona since it was right upstairs and i must say - we definoutly do not regret it! we loved it. they are apparently famous for the dessert menu, which was pretty sweet. its a pretty casual setting too, open to the second floor loby in the poly. i give kona :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i have never eaten dinner at Boma but never fail we always have breakfast there since we first discovered it many years ago, i cant see dinner being anything less.

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2008, 07:58 PM
When I asked my DH and DD to describe Kona in one word - this was their response

DD - YUMMY!
DH - Delicious!!
ME - WeWillReturnAgain!! ;)

The filet was awesome.
Our friends that joined us really enjoyed their's as well. Definetly a do again place for us.

As for O'Hana, don't give up. You can continue to try all the way up until it is time for you to eat. Always check with them. You just never know when things can changes. They may have a last minute cancellation and you could walk right up at the right time.:cool:

SBETigg
06-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Dinner at Boma- Great choice! A lot of fun things to try, and everything's delicious. Love the soups!

Dinner at Chefs De France- When it's good, you're in for a treat. Unfortunately, the food and service is inconsistent at Chef's. When it's bad, it's still not awful but borders on mediocre. The atmosphere is bright and lively, and it was my daughter's favorite place when she was under age ten.

Dinner at Kona- 'Ohana is great fun. Kona is like dining in the lobby, which is also lovely but just not as much fun. We had a terrible meal there and probably won't be back for awhile. I would keep trying to see if there's a cancellation at 'Ohana, but the majority of people here love Kona, so you may be one of the Kona lovers.

Dinner at Hollywood and Vine- It's very standard buffet fare. Expect filling food of decent but not outstanding quality.

mrsgaribaldi
06-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I love Hollywood & Vine and Chef Mickey's, never tried the others:mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-24-2008, 08:23 PM
We love Boma! It is a must do each time!

We are trying 1900 for the first time in Spetember but Ihave heard great things!

COngrats on getting into Chef Mickeys! We love it there, but sadly could not get in for our upcoming trip!

brewcrew26
06-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Dinner at Boma- Great choice! A lot of fun things to try, and everything's delicious. Love the soups!

Everything really is delicious and fabulous. The prime rib and the smoked chicken was amazing! The rub they use is just so flavorful. The soups like Tigg said are out of this world. DH still raves about the carrot soup. If you like hummus, I really enjoyed the selections with the flatbreads. Just remember to save room for dessert! I know a lot of people like the zebra domes best but I liked the fruit tart they had the night we dined.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Chefs de France - I really like this restaurant. My DH and I first tried it on our honeymoon. This Oct will be the 3rd time that we'll be eating there. We always get great service and have wonderful food. The lobster bisque is my favorite! Last time I had shrimp and scallops which were wonderful and DH had pork which her really liked. All of their deserts are wonderful. We try a new one every time and have never been disappointed.

avantgardeinker
06-25-2008, 12:18 PM
We ate at Chefs de France on our last trip. There were 4 adults and a 2 yr old and we all LOVED it. If you like lobster, try the lobster bisque. It's the best!!

:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Here is what we thought of Chefs De france...I can't remember exactly what everyone had but everyone ordered something different...

Appetizers- Good
Entrees-Okay
Desserts-:Yummy
Atmosphere-Nothing special-white table cloth tables, wait staff decent but a little on the snobby side....We're not eating there in December but would not rule out a future visit.