PDA

View Full Version : Is the "Regal Sun" a WDW hotel?

5togetherWDW
06-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Is the "Regal Sun" a WDW hotel? On their website it says “Discover the magic of vacationing at an Official Walt Disney World hotel - and saving money at the same time.” The hotel has listed a “Disney Shop, with specialty Disney merchandise and tickets to theme parks” and “Disney Character Breakfasts on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.” But, I do not see this hotel listed as having Extra Magic Hours / on the Disney Hotel list. I also don’t see the Regal Sun listed as a character meal location -- though I did see one for the Grosvenor (this place says “formerly known as The Grosvenor.” So . .can anyone give me info on this? Is the info the same as what is listed for the The Grosvenor? Is this really on property / part of the Extra Magic Hours program?

BronxTigger
06-24-2008, 08:17 PM
I've never heard of it.

It's not part of EMH because it's not a Disney hotel or one of the few others that does participate that is not officially owned by Disney (Shades of Green, Swan, Dolphin, and the DTD Hilton are the only non-Disney hotels that have EMH access that I am aware of).

The Grosvenor is(was) one of the Downtown Disney Hotels; there are a bunch of hotels just off-site near Saratoga Springs and Downtown Disney. I believe they share a bus that does not go directly to the parks, but has a bus stop a little farther away, near the Shades of Green buses. I'm not sure if all the DTD hotels use this bus or not. The DTD hotels are not on property and they do not have the perks of staying on-site. They are pretty close, though.

1DisneyNut
06-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Its not a Disney resort but it is inside WDW. It is located across the street from Downtown disney so you can walk over. As far as I know, but I may be wrong, it is not eligible for EMH.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-24-2008, 08:55 PM
It's definately not a Disney Resort. It might be one of the 'Good Neighbor" resorts, but it's not owned or operated by Disney and will not share any of the benefits of the Disney resorts.

big blue and hairy
06-25-2008, 08:04 AM
It's a Downtown Disney hotel, the former Grosvenor. I don't know what, if any perks DD hotels get.

:sulley:

DisneyTeen
06-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I have stayed here, its a good neighbor resort. Like people have said, it is the former Grosvenor resort. Its not a bad hotel, I would stay here again. It close to Downtown disney, they have their own bus service (which we didn't use, we had a car). The only disney perk that you do get is the disney resort channel. There is not EMH, no free dinning, etc.
Its a good hotel for the price and a great location, but its not owned by disney so its not Disney Resort

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Go to: downtowndisneyhotels.com

This will give you all the information you need!