PDA

View Full Version : Just got back---thanks for all the trip advice!!!

junedis
06-24-2008, 05:39 PM
We just got back from our June 15-22 trip---WOW!! It was our first trip for the entire family and also our 15th anniversary for DH and myself.

6-15: It started off great as DH upgraded flight to first class, and when we arrived at WL they gave us an room upgrade. Two great surprises. WL was absolutely wonderful! We had dinner at WHispering Canyon, DH was given the gigantic refill mason jar, dinner was delicious and the waiter brought us a complimentary champagne toast--how truly thoughtful! We rested a bit then took the kids to MK for evening EMH. It was great to see the amazement in their eyes, especially during the parade! I think Big Thunder Mountain was their favorite. We rode until 1:45 then went home to WL.

6-16: We woke up later and went to EPCOT. Very long lines, but lots to look at. Test traack was very COOL! We had dinner at AKershus and the princesses were absolutely delightful. We also had fun touring the world showcase and talking to CM at each country. One thing the kids loved was playing with the sticks at the toy/souvenir stand in front of CHina. They could have stayed there all day. And the day couldn't be complete without a cloudberry horn from Kringli Bakery---YUM!

6-17: DIsney Studios! Very hot and crowded, but kids loved the Indiana Jones stunt show and Star Tours! Also, both my son and daughter were picked for Jedi training our first time watching the show! Thank heavens for small miracles as my son consider Star Wars not just a movie but a "way of life". We also went to Tatooine traders and built a light saber--very cool!
Had dinner at Sci Fi, pretty good, a few more rides and back to WL for the pool.

6-18: DD and I headed to BibbidiBobbidiBoo at the castle, We had a fabulous time. They do a great job and the girls truly feel like princesses. Our FGIT worked a long time on my daughter's very long/thick hair to make it jusy perfect. She was great! DD left feeling very special and very royal! After that we met DH,DS for lunch at the castle. Yes it was pricey, but worth every penny. The princesses were wonderful! We got more riding in before dinner. Had dinner at LTT for DS to visit with his favorite characters. Once again , great meal, great service and great interaction with characters.

6-19: AK and our anniversary. Animal kingdom was hot, hot, hot! But we truly enjoyed the Lion King show and the Safari, as well as, the dino section. We left at about six so that the kids could go to the Cub's Den at the hotel while DH and I went to Artist Point for our
15th anniversary. Kids had a great time in the Cub's Den with lots of cool video games, toys, dinner and snack/movie. DH had a scrumptious dinner with a personalized menu and complimentary champage toast once more. A nice touch! We went back to the room and I surprised DH and family with an anniversary cake that WL made to look like a wedding cake with fondant edible flowers. They delivered it to our room during dinner and left a beautiful card. It was a great day!

6-20: DH and DS went back to AK to ride EVerst and Dinosaur and had a great time. DD and I had a relaxing day at pool, gift shop and pin trading. We went to dinner at Chef Mickey's , so much fun, and then finished the day with EMH at MK.

6-21: EPCOT, we finally got on Soarin' and so glad we did! It was really neat! We hit a lot more of the rides and walked through the showcase again. We ate at San ANgel in, I just loved the Mariachi band, and the kids loved the indoor courtyard! After leaving DD and I hit MK once more as DS DH hit the pool. DD just had to see the parade once more before leaving---I did too!

6-22: Time to leave, so sad but true. I will always remember how kind everyone was to our family. From the conversations with CMs to our Mousekeeper leaving elaborate towel animals, Disneyworld gave our family a truly MAGICal VACATION --Thank You Mickey and all the great people at intercot for helping us plan!!
'

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2008, 06:47 PM
What a great time. Glad to hear you had so much fun. Happy Anniversary!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

castlelady36
06-25-2008, 11:48 AM
What a great trip!!! Thanks for sharing!!

faline
06-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Fabulous first trip!! Is there a second trip some time in your future?

junedis
06-26-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm hoping to maybe go back next year, maybe try a resort on the monorail! Thanks!:mickey:

SgtTigger
06-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the report.....

We just love the Wilderness Lodge...... Upgraded too.......

Sci-fi is a great resturant.......

So glad you had a great time..............

:cop: :tigger:

vizsla
06-27-2008, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the report.

pogo
06-27-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm so happy your family had such a wonderful :cloud9: vacation and your anniversary was made extra special by the CM's at WDW. :mickey:

Isn't this a truly magical place ? :yes:

Thanks for sharing with us ! :D

ChipnDaleGal
06-27-2008, 08:54 PM
It sounds like your first trip as a family went just perfectly! I am glad that you all had so much fun together. Thank you for sharing with us.:mickey: