PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Construction

mjstaceyuofm
06-24-2008, 12:19 PM
I keep seeing the latest and greatest pictures of the new DVC units under construction at the Contemporary all over the net. I recently saw a picture of the new structure snapped from Bay Lake with the existing Contemporary tower adjacent to it. Quite honestly, I was surprised that it is already as tall as the Contemporary. Well this peaked my interest and I searched (albeit not that hard though) for the original concept art of this structure that was leaked to the net long ago to no avail. I wanted to see what that artwork showed in regards to the height of the new tower relative to the Contemporary.

Anyone know if this artwork is still out there or did Disney put the clamps on it? Does anyone have a better memory than me and can comment on how tall the tower is supposed to get?

I remember being impressed by the artwork when I saw it, but now that it's actually coming into being I don't think I'll like the height of it if it gets any taller.

big blue and hairy
06-24-2008, 12:30 PM
The tower is at it's full height. That part has been done for a while, now they are doing exterior work, and some interior, too I beleive.

:sulley:

Figment!
06-24-2008, 11:03 PM
See also Bay Lake Tower News & Progress (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=133389) for info on the construction progress and details about the project.