PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at Chef Mickey's

the other micki
06-24-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm just wondering what dinner at CM is like. Is the char. interaction pretty good? Are there any special things they do (antics and such)?

Thanks!

Itchy
06-24-2008, 12:37 PM
I have eaten a Chef Mickey numerous times. The food is buffet style and very plentiful from prime rib to pasta's.

The characters Mickey, Minne, Goofy, Donald, and Chip and Dale make it to every table. There are plenty of photo ops. I have seen where the featured character gets kids out on the floor for a little dance or something like that.

Kids and adults will all have a lot of fun. :mickey:

Make sure that you have an ADR or getting in will be next to impossible.

Hayden's Dad
06-24-2008, 12:46 PM
We ate dinner here in May and loved it. The food was good and the character interaction was great they came around at least twice. Chip and Dale were not there for us we only saw Chef Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Minnie and Pluto in their regular attire. Have fun.:mickey:

#1donaldfan
06-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Good food and fun character interaction....no antics like Whispering Canyon, or 50's Prime.....just the normal character thing...:mickey:

mdricks
06-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Outstanding meal with tons of fun for the kids. It gave new energy to two boys 6 and 8 after a long day in the parks. They were falling asleep on our shoulders walking in but within minutes they were up and having fun. (Slept like rocks after that!):cloud9:

Young@Heart
06-24-2008, 01:58 PM
This will be our first character meal during our upcoming trip. :mickey: We've never been there before, and are really looking forward to it. Is there something about twirling napkins around? I don't know the details, but I thought I saw this in some pictures.

KylesMom
06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Yep, every 30-45 minutes an announcement will come on the loudspeaker, and the kids get up and dance & twirl their napkins to the "Celebrate" song. It's a good way for the kids to get out some excess energy while waiting for the characters, and the gang walks around twirling their napkins with the kids. DH and I are known to twirl a napkin or two, but we make sure we're sitting in our seats! :blush:

This was our first character meal ever with DS in 2000 (recommended by Intercotees - we went for breakfast, though), and it holds some great memories for us!

dismommy
06-24-2008, 04:02 PM
We had alot of fun at Chef mickey, Chip played with my nieces Cinderella and Prince Charming dolls and made them kiss, Dale pointed to my DH full plate and rubbed his tubby tummy and did the same to my sisters DH it was really funny. Minnie also kissed my DS (5 at the time) which made him blush. it was alot of fun.:mickey3:

Young@Heart
06-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Yep, every 30-45 minutes an announcement will come on the loudspeaker, and the kids get up and dance & twirl their napkins to the "Celebrate" song.

This sounds great! :mickey:

bkfree
06-24-2008, 06:48 PM
We will be returning to WDW in Dec. for our kids(7and 9) 3rd trip.Wanting to try some new places along with a few favorites I asked my kids where they definitely wanted to go back to.
Both of them(and Dad) all said "CHEF MICKEY'S".
This is one of our favorite places, not only great food but awesome character interaction.
SO we will be doing dinner there.
Their second favorite is the CInderella Meal at 1900 Park Fare, which is also awesome food and great characters. So we will be returning there. These are the only two we will be repeating and our top choices.:mickey:

RALPH
06-24-2008, 09:05 PM
The character interaction is good. With so many to meet it is tough to just sit and eat your meal. We have done it over 10 times and are going again in August. In my opinion it is the best buffet in WDW.

Shugoondola
06-24-2008, 09:18 PM
It's one of my favorites! :thumbsup: :party: :party2:

:mickey:

katzctkpt
06-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Food and interaction was good. Another place that I thought had good food and interaction was 1900 Park Fare dinner. Didn't care for the CP food or interaction. There it seemed they just flew by the table. My youngest was so upset that piglet wouldn't stop long enough for a photo.

snowflakegirl
06-25-2008, 01:25 AM
I've always loved Chef Mickeys. The character interaction is always great (even for a table of adults only which is what I've had the last three times I've been). And you can't beat the mashed potatoes. :-) Enjoy!

disneycutie165
06-25-2008, 10:41 AM
When I ate at Chef Mickey's, it was someone's birthday and we all waved napkins around(including Mickey and the gang). And a waiter was cleaning the tables, Mickey happened to be passing by, and Mickey grabbed a washcloth and started wiping the tables down with him! It was the cutest! But the characters really interact with you. I think you would enjoy it!
Hope this helps!
Sincerely,
disneycutie165