PDA

View Full Version : Historical September dewpoints?

Janmac
06-24-2008, 08:39 AM
As many of us are taking advantage of free dining and visiting the World in September, I was wondering what the usual, average, normal (?) dewpoints might be for September, particularly the first two weeks, in our case.

There was a thread on here earlier about humidity in Florida. Here in mid-Missouri we can get humid. Lately our dewpoints have been in the mid-60s which is far too humid for me. But better than 70 which Kissimmee has today. :D

The other morning we had a temp of only 72 but not a very pleasant morning for yard work with a dewpoint of 68. As I've gotten older, I almost watch the dewpoint more than the temperature. Winter dewpoints that are too low are uncomfortable.

Thanks!

Jan

Strmchsr
06-24-2008, 09:56 AM
September is a lot like June - hot, but not horribly so and humid, but not the worst of the summer.

In general, dew points will be in the low 70s (the monthly dew point average for September is 72.8, so a little higher early and a little lower at the end of the month). That's still pretty humid and combined with the average high in the low 90s at peak heating September still feels pretty miserable. Plus you can have dew points into the upper 70s occasionally (though you also have the possibility of a front coming through and dropping them into the 50s), so plan to do as much as possible early morning and in the evening.

Janmac
06-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks, Chris. Our dewpoint at noon is at 70 (temp 82) altho we do have a storm system sagging through the state today.

We were at Disney in June of 2004 and the humidity wasn't unbearable, compared to mid-Missouri. We usually have a decrease in humidity in August, so we may be more uncomfortable on this upcoming trip.

We are planning to get going early and take afternoon breaks. :thumbsup:

Jan

NJMan66
06-24-2008, 04:45 PM
I was there last September 2-10 and all I can say is either get out to the parks early (7-8 AM) or after the afternoon rain (4-5 PM). I personally found it unbearable between 11AM and 4PM to be at the parks and found myself parked IN the pool. Then it would rain like heck for about 30-45 minutes and then the humidity would drop.

Of course the other alternative is to ride the water rides!

Janmac
06-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the tips. :thumbsup:

My sister, who will be with us, is from the Northwest. She considers dewpoints in the 50s to be high humidity. She is going to melt.

We're planning to get most of our touring over with by noon. Pool time in the afternoon. Mostly only supper for the evenings. Anything else we'll consider bonus.

Jan