PDA

View Full Version : When should I go?

BigEeyoreFan
06-24-2008, 01:33 AM
Hi everyone!

I took my family (DH, DD6, DS4) to Disney World for the first time this last February and we had a GREAT time. I'm already thinking about 2009. So, I'm going to ask a pretty open question and looking for some opinions. I would like to go for a week sometime next year and would like to know when you all think I should go...

I prefer low crowds, don't mind if it's during the school year, and would love to take advantage of some DEALS (I know previous year's deals cannot predict next years, but I'm asking you to guess). I thought about September for the free DDP, but are there other times/specials that people would recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I may just send an email to my favorite MJ friend and have her help me too!

Vicki Mouse
06-24-2008, 06:09 AM
We went in October 07 and although the weather was great and there were low crowds If you are planning on staying at the resorts beware of the love bugs! I wish someone would have warned me about them, I've never heard of or seen them before. When we crossed the state line we all commented on the weird looking 2 headed bugs :) Look them up if you've never seen the before:secret: OKW was covered in them the pool the benches, they would land all over you. They stayed away from the parks but it sure did put a damper on the stay. I thought that nothing could ever ruin Disney for me but they came pretty close. I have been in August (last weekend)and July with August being slower because everyone was headed back to school. Intercot has great breakdowns of when to visit, busy times and days when the parks are traditionally the craziest. Explore their stats and make a plan thats what I always do. But beware they don't mention the LOVE BUGS!

sillyolbear
06-24-2008, 08:28 AM
February, May, September, October, select parts of early November, and early December have been the times we've found manageable crowds. I think February '09 is going to be a toss up with the Super Bowl in Tampa making the first week busier than the norm.

I'd see what your MJ's agent says as well as what Info Central and maybe Touring Plans has as crowd estimates.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-24-2008, 08:45 AM
We tend to go in September for the Dining, However once I went the first week of December. The crowds were about as low as September, and the weather was much more comfortable (tho a little too chilly to swim for my taste.) The holiday decorations were up and were beautiful!

sisterdisco
06-24-2008, 09:16 AM
I vote for 1st week of December. I think it is the best combination of good weather and lower crowds. Plus you see the holiday decorations.

If I could still take my kids out of school, then I would go the 1st week of Dec!

pink
06-24-2008, 11:42 AM
I would also suggest going in October, we usually go the first week and it's always pretty low crowd levels and the weather is close to perfect. :mickey:

bruin1344
06-24-2008, 01:15 PM
when i went in early February before Presidents Day Week and early-mid May, the crowds were low and manageable, late May-early June I found busier than usual

Marilyn Michetti
06-24-2008, 01:35 PM
The first two weeks in Dec. are incredible, but certainly not the only low crowd time. Early Jan. is slow, but colder than *******! We went the first two times in Oct., taking the kids out of school - (in the 80's, nobody cared). I can't comment about any other time.

Yeah, low crowds, no killer heat, and all the Christmas you can take........early Dec. is my favorite.:santa:

Tink's Mom
06-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Our favorite time to go is in November through the middle of December. The crowds are low and the weather is very comfortable. Our favorite part is the beautiful holiday decorations. When we went in April, I actually missed them. We have also found some great room discounts for that time of year. Have fun deciding!

Mad About Mickey
06-24-2008, 05:47 PM
My vote is for the first two weeks of December as well, that is if you can wait that long. As the other posters have already mentioned, low crowds, nice weather, and the holiday themes throught the parks and resorts are fantastic.

Bringonthemouse!
06-24-2008, 05:54 PM
My vote is for the first two weeks of December as well, that is if you can wait that long. As the other posters have already mentioned, low crowds, nice weather, and the holiday themes throught the parks and resorts are fantastic.

:ditto:
And last time we went in Dec. they offered fairly decent discounts to those staying on property.

Disney Doll
06-25-2008, 01:55 PM
We've never gone in Nov/Dec because DH works retail but we've been please with the crowd levels in Jan and early Feb. It can get pretty chilly, but if you come prepared with warm clothes it's not too bad. It can also get hot during the afternoons so you really have to come prepared for anything.