PDA

View Full Version : WL recreation

Guya103
06-23-2008, 06:05 PM
My family and I will be staying at the WL the first two days of our trip before we hit the parks. We were wondering if anyone has done the pedal boats? If so, is it worth the time? and What is the pool is like? Thanks!:mickey:

Tinkerbellfan
06-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Hello,

The Wilderness Lodge is a wonderful resort - you will have a blast.

I don't recall seeing pedal boats at WL. But, we have rented the mouseboats several time (minature motorboats). We love to rent them so we can see all of the resorts on the lake and Magic Kingdom from a different view. I am a grown adult now but driving these boats as a child is my fondest memory during my childhood visits to WDW.

We have also had fun renting the bikes and riding over to Fort Wilderness.

The pool is wonderful. We love the two hot tubs at night. There is also a quiet pool on sight with a hot tub.

Enjoy!

SgtTigger
06-23-2008, 07:18 PM
When you check in they will give you a folder....

Check out what the Recreation games are at 3:00 pm every day. Sometimes it is at the pool sometimes on the beach.... It is free and it is for the kids.....
Also check out the Cubs Den across from the game room. During the day they have things for kids and there family to do and it is free.....

Also walk around the lobby go to the 4th floor and check out the overlook at the rear of the lobby.....

Also go to the desk and ask for the Hidden Mickey hunt sheet....

:cop: :tigger:

sisterdisco
06-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Pool is great.
It is free form, and the deepest end is about 5ft.
There is a nice waterslide.
The whole pool area is lovely.
I don't know about the pedal boats, but they rent the 2 person water mouse boats, which are a ton of fun.
Check FW to see if they have pedal boats in their canal/river.
SInce you are not doing parks 1st 2 days, I highly recommend doing the Campfire at FW. They show movies outside, like a drive in w/o cars. You can roast marshmellows.

RBrooksC
06-24-2008, 07:55 AM
WL has bikes you can rent and also the small Sea-Doo speed boats available. Those boats are great. I loved taking a spin around Discovery Island then over the aqueduct to Seven Seas Lagoon and going over to Poly, GF, CR, and MK.

The main pool is very nice with a "river" coming into the deep end. I saw a small beach with a volleyball net so I am sure they do things there also.

diz_girl
06-24-2008, 01:37 PM
I don't recall that the WL has paddle boats, but I think that the FW Campground does have them. You can either take the boat launch or the 1-mile path from WL to FW.