PDA

View Full Version : POP - Jan 18 6 nights

ma63
06-23-2008, 05:44 PM
I've booked Pop Century for 6 nights Jan 18,2009 and got a rate of $119 a night. I thinking this is rather high for this time of year. Anyone else think this might be a bit high? Thanks.

disneymom15
06-23-2008, 06:03 PM
My quess is that the rates for 09 have not been released yet. The rates for 08 in that time frame were $82. I would think that you would receive an adjustment.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2008, 10:11 PM
:( Yes it does, I think the rates traditionally drop after the first week of January....

eeyoremom
06-24-2008, 08:26 AM
I called last week for a rate and was told, all rates for 2009 will be quoted at the holiday rate until the actual rate comes out sometime in August. The dates you are picking should be value season, based on previous years. Your actual rate would come down when rates are released for 2009. Remeber, you will have to pay a deposit based on the rate quoted. We decided to wait until August to book.

Disney Lynn
06-24-2008, 08:34 AM
That's a Peak Season rate for the POP (at the current rate schedule). Part of your six day stay could be under this high rate because MLK's birthday is a holiday, but I can't imagine that they would charge you that rate for the entire stay. If your daily rate is 119 for the entire week, I'd definitely question it.

With whom did you book? If you didn't use Magical Journeys or another agency that specializes in WDW, I suggest contacting one (MJ-see the link under Sponsors) (an existing ressie can be transferred to them). Also, you may want to consider AAA rates; if available during your stay, the savings might pay for a one year membership. However, I don't recommend actually using an AAA office to book your stay, as their TAs rarely specialize in WDW. Any other specialty TA (like MJ) can book you using AAA room rates.

FInally, welcome to INTERCOT- I noticed that this is your first post!!!

RocknBev
06-24-2008, 08:48 AM
I would also recommend Magical Journey's but regardless, you will still get a high quote right now. I am booking my January stay through MJ and had the same problem. Since WDW has not released the 2009 rates, you are quoted and charged the 2008 holiday rates until 2009 rates are released. Around the first week in August, when the new rates are released, your rate will be adjusted based upon then new released rates.

I am hoping with the high gas prices, that WDW will decide NOT to raise the rates!

FenwayGirl
06-24-2008, 03:14 PM
That might be MLK weekend. It is a little higher for that weekend, but I am sure that the rates will drop. Check in AAA. WDW offers AAA rates usually starting in early August

alicia524luvstw
06-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I had same situation. Stayed end of Dec last year, into first week of Jan this year @ POP. Had to make 2 ressies so I wouldn't pay holiday rate the whole week( that's changed ). Anyhow, 2nd res went into new year so I was quoted @ higher price. No problem though, after the 1st of Jan paid 67.00 per night w/aaa discount.