PDA

View Full Version : one-way car rental

watch4pixiedust
06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
For our upcoming trip in sept, we decided to arrive a day early and stay off-site near DTD for 1 night. Has anyone rented a car just from MCO to WDW? We would like to turn it in within 24 hrs, somewhere on property, or near the DTD hotels. Any suggestions??
(We will use ME from the resort back to the airport. Sure wish we could use it when we arrive!)

Thanks for any help!

faline
06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Does the place you're staying that night offer a shuttle service to and from the airport? If so, you can still use Magical Express from the airport the day you're checking into your Disney Resort.

Alamo and National have rental desks on Disney property so it should be pretty easy to rent one way from one of these companies.

watch4pixiedust
06-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Sorry if I'm not supposed to give these company names :secret: Please feel free to "modify".:blush:

We will be at the Royal Plaza. I called hoping they would, but they don't have an airport shuttle. They recommended a towncar. For such a short time, I thought I ought to be able to find a rental car that would be less. So far on line, either we would have to turn the car back in at MCO (no one-way rental), or the rate is within $1-$2 of the towncar and off-site at MCO, or on-site at MCO and more $. I may just have to keep watching for a better rate, but it was worth asking, since the combined experience of the "Intercot family" covers a lot of ground.:)

Oh, and thanks for letting me know about Alamo - I had read about National, but didn't know about any others with on-property desks.:mickey:

faline
06-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Would it be less expensive just to book a one night stay at a Value resort?

Last year, we opted to fly in a bit earlier than our scheduled reservation at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Additionally, we got a really late flight so we booked two additional nights at Pop Century. We took at taxi from Pop to Animal Kingdom when we switched over but we could have had Disney handle the luggage transfer for us if we wanted.

watch4pixiedust
06-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow, can I just say I wish I'd thought of that? It might be exactly what we need to do. Thanks!:thumbsup: