PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Luau

the other micki
06-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I am thinking of booking the Luau on our next trip. For those who have gone, what did you think? Would the Hoop-de-doo be a better choice? (We have not done this either).

Thanks!

tinkerbelle75
06-23-2008, 03:02 PM
We absolutely LOVED the Luau. The food was fantastic, the service was excellent, and we really enjoyed the show. I know you will hear many after me say it's awful, cheesy, etc., but as for my family, we would go again in a second!
We have never done HDD, but since we are from the south, we can get fried chicken at any family gathering,grandma's house, etc. Plus we're not into the "Hoedown" thing, so for us the Luau was an excellent choice. I say if you want to try it, go for it!

mreinventtt
06-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Luau was BORING and the food wasnt that great. The hoop de doo was entertaining through the whole show. I wish I would of had better seats though. And the food was very tasty. :tasty: I would recommend the Hoop de doo! :thumbsup:
Have fun on whatever you chose.
Have a great time!
Missy :cowgirl:

AllDisney
06-23-2008, 03:44 PM
We like the HDD. The show is very entertaining, in a corny way, and we loved the food.

Luau...thought the show was OK, but the food was nothing to write home about. I don't know that we would ever go back, but I would do the HDD review again:mickey:

DizneyRox
06-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Would the Hoop-de-doo be a better choice? (We have not done this either).

Oh yeah! Don't get me started on the luau...

henry.james.s
06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
For a 1st timer for either I recomend the Hoop De Doo. All around..the fun & food are a perfect match. Bottom line..it's classic Disney that should be experienced.

one2goofy
06-23-2008, 04:56 PM
I just made a ressie for the Luau in November. I am hoping someone comes along and has good things to say about the Luau....:lei:

Vicki Mouse
06-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Sorry guys but I love the Luau! I've been twice and the food was not as good as the first time although it was still pretty good. I copy their ribs and rice at home all the time. My kids loved dancing on the stage and I thought the show was cheesy for the first half but great the second. Mom's will really enjoy the fire dancer :thumbsup: It is also fun to explore the Poly after the show. I agree that if you already eat food like the things they serve at the HDD than you should try something different.Thats why I can't stay at Wilderness..I'm Canadian!

VolMickey
06-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Gotta go with Vicki Mouse. We LOVED the Luau - of course we've not been to Hawaii. Food was great, dancing was great (DW and DD danced on stage). Only thing is that it was HOT as can be -- July 2002!!! :thumbsup:

mickeymousedabomb
06-23-2008, 11:41 PM
We chose to do the Luau for our Thanksgiving dinner this past November. We were very pleased with everything: seats, food, waiter and story line/entertainment. My littlest DD got up on stage for the birthday hula! We made a wonderful memory for our family that holiday and we are planning on doing the HDD for Thanksgiving '09 of our next trip!

pox24
06-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Not even close..... Hoop De Doo:thumbsup:

kwhitt3202
06-24-2008, 08:49 AM
We have done the luau the last two times we went to wdw and are going again in october. We love it . We also went knowing that it was disney and not a hawaiian luau. We have done both.
It is a cheesy first half. Thats what DS age 3 loves. They havekids baskets available if your children would like hotdogs instead but DS loved everything they served.