PDA

View Full Version : Cases of water at Hess Station?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-23-2008, 12:52 PM
I know that this has been asked many times but don't know if it's ever been really answered: Do the Hess Stations on property sell cases of bottled water such as Poland Springs or Aquafina and even more important, Pepsi products? I don't like Dasani or Coke. It looks like I'll be there in Sept and we won't have a rental car and it cost too much to have just those 2 items delivered to the hotel. Any suggestions?

sisterdisco
06-23-2008, 01:58 PM
I think that Coke has the contract at WDW.

However, I am pretty sure they sell Zephyrhills bottled water in addition to Dasani.

Have you tried any crystal light single serving packets or wylers single serving packets? They may help you tolerate the Dasani if you need to.

Piglet822
06-23-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty sure Dasani is the only water sold on Disney property.

joonyer
06-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Dasani (Coke) and Aquafina (Pepsi) are both exactly the same thing: purified municipal tap water. Without the label, nobody could tell a difference.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-25-2008, 06:59 PM
thank you, but unfortunately I can tell the difference. Dasani has a more chemical taste than Aquafina. But then I could always win the Pepsi/Coke taste test too. I picked the Pepsi every time.

slpngbty56
06-25-2008, 07:55 PM
I would have to agree w/ payroll princess Dasani water does have a chemical taste. :ack:

jpH/keD
06-28-2008, 10:23 AM
I would be interested in the answer to the Hess question as well. We had bottled water delivered from the Garden Grocer and while I do not remember the name of it, I did not care for the taste. Bottled waters are as different as Pepsi and Coke. I can tell in a minute too! I have yet to find the perfect solution!

Good luck and here's to hoping someone knows what exactly they sell at the Hess Station...
....anyone???:confused:

dnickels
06-28-2008, 11:29 AM
I always get a kick out of being in one of the parks and seeing someone buy a bottle of water at one of the stands when there's a drinking fountain with FREE water 20 feet away. Most will say "but you can carry it with you" but there are water fountains EVERYWHERE in the parks, hotels and transportation centers.

Especially considering one of your favorites is just bottled tap water
http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/07/27/aquafina.html
...exactly the same as the Dasani you don't like
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani

I don't mean to pick on you, it's just that bottled water is nothing but a marketing gimmick, it's horribly wasteful of energy and natural resources and I would gladly take a bet that given 5 dixie cups of brand X (that someone says they don't like) and 5 dixie cups of brand Y (that someone says they do like) the person would not get them all right.

Drink tap, it's better for you, better for the environment and doesn't cost you anything.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Again, I have to disagree with the poster above. It may just be tap water but when I've had bottled water that I am not familiar with I have had IBS issues. As long as I stick with water that I'm used to I'm fine. Even in Mexico.

A friend of mine is going to WDW tomorrow and she said that she would stop at the Hess Station and check to see if they have bottled water and Pepsi. I'll let you all know when she gets back in a couple of weeks.

big blue and hairy
06-30-2008, 10:09 AM
I don't know what brands they actually sell, but I'm sure it's not a Disney property issue there. Hess leases the land and sells what they sell.

:sulley:

SteveL
06-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Hess is probably one of the best buys on property. During our May trip the 20 ounce sodas were $1.00 each. There prices are much better than any of the grocery stores at the DVC resorts.
They sell Pepsi products too.

disneyfan328
06-30-2008, 02:45 PM
For anyone that is interested you can PM me and I will respond with how we got water delivered during our trip last September. We only needed water and didn't want pay the fees and minimums for any of the grocery delivery places. It worked for us and we took the crystal lite and kool aid packets with us to mix with it. We had more than we needed, but with 5 of us going to did save us money. The FL water did taste different to us and DH has IBS issues so we didn't want to risk him having a problem that could potentially ruin our vacation.

We drink Nestle purelife here at home in PA so that is what we had delivered. Normally we drink water out of the tap but with kids in various sporting events we keep a case of bottled in the car for practices ect as there are not always fountains available where they practice.

brian2000boston
06-30-2008, 03:06 PM
I have to agree that Aquafina and Dasani are made from tap water, however, they are filtered, purified and then supplemented with minerals to improve flavor. They use a similar technique to reverse osmosis. So drinking tap water from a fountain and drinking the filtered purifid water would have to completely different tastes. We are going to bring a Brita with us and filter it ourseleves, at leaset we can get the taste of tap water out of it and not supporting the cutting down of plastic trees!!! BTW, Dasani is better :number1: ;)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Sorry Brian, but I have to vote for Poland Springs or Aquafina. But I'm also a Pepsiholic so don't really care for Coke products. I'll drink them if there is no alternative but much prefer Pepsi!

brian2000boston
07-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Someone has to drink pepsi products!! :blush:

jonahbear2006
07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Pack an extra backpack and use it as a carry on and fill it with bottled water and pepsis. Sounds heavy but i think that its ok to do, isn't it. I havent flown since the airports have been to constricted. This is what I would do. We always drive, when are you going???? If you are going the first week in Sept, I will be happy to bring you a case of water and pepsi!

Piglet822
07-02-2008, 04:58 PM
There's a 3 oz fluid restriction so bringing bottled drinks on as a carryon wouldn't be permitted.

jonahbear2006
07-02-2008, 05:04 PM
well, if our trips coincide or she arrives later, then i would have no problem dropping the drinks off to PO for her. I love to have my pepsi, too, I am addicted to it, and we are driving, so carrying some extra water and pepsi will not be out of my way. We could eat lunch at Floatworks, and I am sure my husband wont MIND about THAT in the least!!~

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Pack an extra backpack and use it as a carry on and fill it with bottled water and pepsis. Sounds heavy but i think that its ok to do, isn't it. I havent flown since the airports have been to constricted. This is what I would do. We always drive, when are you going???? If you are going the first week in Sept, I will be happy to bring you a case of water and pepsi!

That is very sweet of you! We are going Sept 20 so we won't be there the same time as you. But I thank you for the offer.

My friend Laurie is in Disney right now and checked the Hess station. She said they only carry Coke products.

I guess I'll have to find another way to get my Pepsi fix. I have a friend who lives in Orlando, maybe I'll throw myself on her mercy and see if she'll drop it off for me.

crazypoohbear
07-03-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm all set with the diet coke but I really hope that Payroll Princess gets her pepsi or it could be a reallllllllly long week for me :blush:

Maybe if we tell Evan that he can come he would carry it down on his back :blush::(

Unfortantely Evan can't come with us until next year when he graduates high school!

With the price of gas/fuel I think that next year won't be a problem for you with pepsi/poland springs I'll have to drive with 5 of us going :(

BTW as for the water/tap water debate. Even different towns have different tasting tap water. I don't mind drinking tap water in some places but in other places it just tastes :sick:

jonahbear2006
07-05-2008, 08:17 PM
their tap water isn't bad there. We refilled our waterbottles and my cousin actually brought a tiny backpack that was a canteen. She kept it refilled at the fountain. This past time, though, we drank a lot of soda and I really dont like drinking water at the park. Why when there is such great drinks? You can get several different types of soda at that free epcot soda sample place, whatever that store is called but not sure if you can get pepsi there or not.

lindique
07-06-2008, 06:12 PM
There are 2 companies (websites) that I know of that sell water bottles with filters that screw into the cap. Just like Brita filters, they almost completely eliminate the "Florida water" taste. My bottle comes on every trip with me and so I never have to worry about buying water. I also take it (empty) through airport security in a plastic bag (most of the time someone shakes it to see if there's any water in it!) Then I go straight to the nearest water fountain and fill it up and so I have plenty of water for the trip.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-06-2008, 10:10 PM
their tap water isn't bad there. We refilled our waterbottles and my cousin actually brought a tiny backpack that was a canteen. She kept it refilled at the fountain. This past time, though, we drank a lot of soda and I really dont like drinking water at the park. Why when there is such great drinks? You can get several different types of soda at that free epcot soda sample place, whatever that store is called but not sure if you can get pepsi there or not.

No Pepsi at Club Cool or whatever it's called now. This is sponsored by Coke.