PDA

View Full Version : Water Slide

goofynmd
06-23-2008, 12:42 PM
I read in the PassPorter book that there is an age and height limit for the water slide onboard the ship. It said ages 4-14 and height 36" - ???. My DS is 3 years old, but 41" tall. Do you think it would be safe for him to go down the slide? He just turned 3, but strangers ask me all the time if he is 4 or 5 because he is so tall. I think he would love the slide, but I obviously wouldn't want him to be in danger if it is too fast. Any thoughts? Has anyone let their child under 4 go down the slide?

sisterdisco
06-23-2008, 02:10 PM
If memory serves me correctly, there is a lifeguard at the top as well as at the bottom.
When we went, the kids had wristbands put on day one of the cruise, that stayed on.

I can't recall if they were color coded by age or not.

The slide doesn't (or didn't) empty into a pool---there was just a long straight part that the kids ended up in.

The bigger concern I had was that there was a ton of kids in the Mickey pools, little kids jumping in and out non-stop......very crowded.

At the Waterparks at WDW, my 4yo was able to go down before he was a really strong swimmer. I went down 1st and the lifeguard let me stay near the end of the slide to catch him.

Ed
06-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Look at it from the liability viewpoint. Worst case scenario:

You let your 3 year old (who looks older) slide. Something happens along the way, and he gets injured. You sue DCL. Then it comes out that you knew the policy but chose to disregard it. You have just (1) destroyed your credibility, and (2) probably lost your case.

Even worse, you have contributed to his injury by your failure to adhere to the rules.

And the rules are there for a number of perfectly valid reasons, just like the height/age restrictions on the rides at WDW. To knowingly disregard them is just wrong. Period.

goofynmd
06-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Can anyone besides TiggTigg5 tell me if what I read is accurate. Is the rules for the slide based on both age and height? As for any attractions in WDW, I am only aware of them basing restrictions based on height. Thank you.

Ed
06-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Although the information is apparently not wanted coming from me, I'll post it for the rest of the readers~~~

Taken directly from the DCL website (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/onboard/activities/detail?name=MickeysKidsPoolDetailPage):

Mickey's Pool

Who wouldn't want to swim in a pool with ears? Little kids adore this space, especially the water slide that's been designed just for them, and the ears which are actually wading pools for the littlest ones. Delight in the yummy food from Pluto's Dog House Snack Bar and a selection of fresh fruits and salads at Goofy's Galley. And most of all, splash away in this really fun place with Mickey's face!

Young children, who are not toilet trained, are welcome to enjoy the fountain play area near the Mickey Pool that has been designed exclusively for the enjoyment of children wearing swim diapers.

The slide is for ages 4 to 14: maximum height 64", minimum height 38".

Ship: Disney Wonder® and Disney Magic®

SgtTigger
06-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Can anyone besides TiggTigg5 tell me if what I read is accurate. Is the rules for the slide based on both age and height? As for any attractions in WDW, I am only aware of them basing restrictions based on height. Thank you.

Although the information is apparently not wanted coming from me, I'll post it for the rest of the readers~~~

Taken directly from the DCL website (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/onboard/activities/detail?name=MickeysKidsPoolDetailPage):

OK I am not TiggTigg5 and I can say it is ( in your words) accurate

4 to 14

:cop: :tigger:

sisterdisco
06-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Reading Tigg Tigg's post, reminds me......

When we went in 2003, they were very strict and did not let any kid in the pool w/ swim diapers. Thank Goodness my kid was already trained, but people were very angry. People ended up taking their kids out of swim diapers to put them in the pool---which likely made for more contamination.

Point of my story---if your 3yo is not completely potty trained---you still have time to work on that......

TammiMcMan
06-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Can anyone besides TiggTigg5 tell me if what I read is accurate. :confused:

Is the rules for the slide based on both age and height? As for any attractions in WDW, I am only aware of them basing restrictions based on height.Normally the reason behind a height restriction is safety and the reason behind an age restriction is insurance liability. DCL is combining both when it comes to the slide, i.e. it's not one or the other, both requirements must be met to use the slide.

Hope that clears everything up for you.