PDA

View Full Version : Warner Brothers Store

Minnie Imagineer
06-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Does anyone remember the Warner Brothers Store...I had one in my mall, I was like 6. But it was the coolest store ever! Outside it had these two HUGE golden statues of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Inside was just like the Disney Store but a little larger (and with WB stuff). But in the back of the store was this space ship where kids could sit in and pretend to ride it. Does this store still exist anywhere? I haven't heard anything about it for years but I remember that it was my favorite store as a kid!!

DisneyTwirler13!
06-23-2008, 11:55 AM
I remember that store! They had it at the Florida Mall, and my siblings and I would rush to sit in that spaceship thing everyime we went! We were really sad when it closed.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-23-2008, 12:54 PM
They used to have one at the Natick Mall in MA but it's been gone for years. They also had a smaller store at Fanueil Hall in Boston but that too has been gone for years.
My nephews would go into that space ship and not want to come out!

TiggeRia
06-23-2008, 04:09 PM
There used to be on in the Water Tower in Chicgo--but I believe it's been gone for years. I used to get my fill of Pinky and the Brain (the mice I originally loved till I met Mickey, of course!) merchandise there!! Now I have to find it all on ebay.

Piglet822
06-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Moving this to the Water Cooler since it's not Disney related :)
Hang on!!!

DisneyDog
06-24-2008, 09:38 AM
We had one in the King of Prussia mall. And I remember there was a HUGE one on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City. I think it's a Rainforest Cafe now. I bought a hoodie there with Tweety on it and I loved it...until my brothers dog chewed a hole in it:(

J9
06-24-2008, 02:02 PM
We had one in the King of Prussia mall. And I remember there was a HUGE one on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City. I think it's a Rainforest Cafe now. I bought a hoodie there with Tweety on it and I loved it...until my brothers dog chewed a hole in it:(

We also had one in Willow Grove mall. I loved the Animaniacs when I was little, so I would get cups, and tshirts, and sweatshirts with them on them - preferably Wakko! (Does anyone else remember the button henleys they sold with the embroidered characters down the button slot?)

It was the absolute coolest store ever (actually I thought it was better that TDS because they had mostly adult clothing - i like the oversized shirts (hey it was the mid-90s!) and TONS of collectibles). The one in Willow Grove also used to have special events like Superman Comic Book Signings and characters in the store ever once in a while.

Sadly, it's a J. Crew now....has been for years. (Although you can still see the bolt on the top railing on the mall where they had Taz, Bugs, and Daffy figurines dressed up in colonial garb around a huge liberty bell)

Ian
06-24-2008, 07:16 PM
WB shut down their retail outlets years ago. We had one in our local mall, too, but I never really went in there.

Then again, I'm not one for that kinda stuff really. If I didn't have kids I probably wouldn't buy anything at TDS either.

LauraleeH
06-24-2008, 08:33 PM
I remember playing in the spaceship when I was little, too! They used to have one in a mall in Brandon. I liked Disney better but I do remember a Tweety jacket and a Scooby Doo jacket (Denim, of course) that I lived in...also loved their keychains.

You know what's sad is how they don't even play any decent cartoons on tv anymore :(