PDA

View Full Version : My Flower Power Disney Trip Day 15

PeterPansMagic
06-23-2008, 01:02 AM
We weren't hanging out with Jim because he had an interview with Disney all day so we had breakfast at our resort. Louis & I decided we would go to Downtown Disney for some last minute shopping & a few movies.

We took the bus to Downtown Disney & got off at the Marketplace. We noticed Ghiradelli's was still closed so we went to ask when they will open up again. They said hopefully at the beginning of May. I was hoping they would have opened before we left on Saturday but that never happened. I was very disappointed.

After talking to the woman at Ghiradelli's, we went to World Of Disney store to buy a t-shirt with all four parks on it. We lost our other ones in the fire we had a few years ago.

We walked to the other side of Downtown Disney into Pleasure Island. We sat by the fountain for awhile until the movie theater opened. It finally opened & we saw Leatherheads. Its about these football players after the same woman. It has George Clooney, John Krasinsky & Renee Zellweger. It was an OK movie but it made me doze off a few times. The other movie we saw was Under The Same Moon. It's an independent film about a little boy in search of his Mother. He lives in Mexico & she is in L.A. He flees the Mexican border to find his Mother. It was an interesting movie.

After the movies, we left the theatre & it was raining. We headed for the Disney bus stop on Pleasure Island but some cast member came over to us to tell us it was blocked off. He wouldn't tell us why, so we had to walk all the way to the Marketplace just to catch the bus. The cast member lied to us because the bus went over to Pleasure Island to pick up more people. It wasn't blocked either.

We got to our Pop Resort & had something to eat. Louis had the Big Bowl Of Chicken soup & I had the Mom's Night Out Fried Chicken TV Dinner. I thought the Fried Chicken & mashed potatoes were really good but the green beans were gross. Louis didn't like his chicken soup either. We were supposed to eat at Coral Reef but we were so stuffed from the night before so we cancelled the reservation.

Stay Tuned to Day 16

pdrlkr
06-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
06-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I hope your friend's interview with Disney went well. What a nice, relaxing day you had at DTD. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

faline
06-25-2008, 06:30 PM
That is certainly a very relaxed Disney day!

DizNee143
06-27-2008, 03:24 PM
another relaxing day at dtd...and awesome you guys got in another 2 movies!! :mickey: