PDA

View Full Version : Early Check-in?

the other micki
06-22-2008, 04:46 PM
If we arrive at our resort at say...1pm or so, what are the chances we can check in early? If we can't, can we swim in the resort pool while we wait on our room to be ready?

Speedy1998
06-22-2008, 04:52 PM
It depends on how full the resort is as to weather they can get you into a room. If they can not they can store your luggage so that you can go off and do something, (swim in the pool, DTD, or play mini golf). When a room is avaible they will bring your luggage to the room that way you will not have to worry about getting back.

TammiMcMan
06-22-2008, 05:33 PM
When we plan our Disney trips, we're usually standing at the registration desk by 8 or 9am. I believe they'll allow you to start checking in as early as 6:30am.

Sometimes our room is ready, sometimes it isn't. It really depends on what day of the week it is and how full the resort is. Regardless of the time you arrive, they'll process as much of the check-in procedure as they can. That includes giving you room keys and if you purchased a package, that will be activated as well. Bell services can store your luggage, I would just recommend taking a day bag with anything you might need prior to 5pm. They can access your luggage if you really need it, but it can be a pain to do that. The front desk will give you a number to call to find out your room assignment, if one is not available yet. Not all resorts have automatic luggage delivery. When you get to your room, you may need to call down to bell services and they'll bring it right up.

The pools have changing areas, or feel free to enjoy the restaurants or other recreation offered at the resort. You can even head right into the parks if you want to.

Figment52
06-22-2008, 10:55 PM
We always land at MCO around 1pm.

Of the 8 times we've stayed on grounds, twice the room wasn't ready yet. The first time, we had them store our bags and went to MK. Our luggage was in the room when we got back later that night. The other time, the room was just about ready, so we hung out in the lobby and looked around the gift shop for about 30 minutes.

If the room isn't ready, just make sure that you've packed in a carry-on what you'll need for the day. Or, pack it last in your luggage, so you can easily grab it off the top of the pile before you give it to bell services to store.

katzctkpt
06-22-2008, 11:38 PM
We generally checkin as early as 7 am and head to one of the parks. Once our room was ready, the other times we called back to see if it was ready and if so headed back to resort to unpack and relax a little then back to the parks for dinner.

HndrdPrcnt
06-23-2008, 12:18 AM
For our trip in September, our family is having to take 2 different flights (my DD6 and I arriving at 6am & my DW and DD10 arriving at 3:30pm later that day) to take advantage of our frequent flier miles. As such, I am really hoping that they let me check my family in even though 2 of us won't be there because my younger DD and I will want to go in to a park (not to mention eat) while we are waiting for the other 2 to arrive!!

#1donaldfan
06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
You can check in at any time, but the availability of your rooms the Q. We normally check in approx 7 amish and just go straight to the parks....you can either give the resort your luggage or just leave 'em in the car....they give you a number to call N check on your room.....about swimming, I think that would be perfectly fine, however you just might not have a room to "change" in, as the restrooms at the pool are locked / coded to your room card......:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
06-23-2008, 12:43 PM
If we arrive at our resort at say...1pm or so, what are the chances we can check in early? If we can't, can we swim in the resort pool while we wait on our room to be ready?

1) You can check-in anytime after 6:00am
2) If the room isn't ready, you can
. . . swim
. . . go to arcade
. . . rest on the grounds
. . . go to the parks
. . . explore other resorts
. . . etc
. . . etc
3) You odds that the room will be ready
. . . coin is in the air
. . . awaiting the bounce
. . . it can be heads (yes, ready)
. . . it can be tails (no, not ready)
. . . wait for it
. . . wait for it
. . . wait for it
. . .
. . .
. . .

TIGGER17179
06-24-2008, 09:15 AM
:thumbsup:
We've been early and we've been late and we have never had a problem.