PDA

View Full Version : Is there a map of the roads around WDW?

Minniefan68
06-22-2008, 03:03 PM
We are staying at Beach Club and may rent a mini-van from MCO. We think with the four children and two strollers that it might be easier than taking WDW transportation. Plus if we decide to check out Sea World we can just jump in the van.

Any idea of there is a map of WDW roads and property? We won't know how to get around and it would be fun to visit some other resorts as well as drive to the parks.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Speedy1998
06-22-2008, 04:37 PM
There are not any Disney maps that I know of. Your best option would be to go to google map, or yahoo map and type in Walt Disney World.

As for a minivan being easier with two strollers, you will get many opinions here, but mine is that you would be better off taking Disney Transportation. Remember when you get to the parking lot you will most likely have to get on a tram (unless you get there first thing in the morning). And at Magic Kingdom, not only do you have to do have to get on a tram, you will also have to ride either the monorail or a ferry. Where if you ride the bus you will be dropped off near the entrance of the park. If you decide not to spend the money to rent a car for a week and you still decide you want to check out Sea World, you can do a one day rental from Alamo, which is on Disney property.

Piglet822
06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
You can probably go to any of the online map programs, such as Mapquest, Microsoft, Google, they all have maps now it seems, and do a search of WDW and actually do a birds eye view of the roads there. Also, be sure to ask for directions before leaving the resort. The staff there will be happy to help.
As far as the rental, you'll definitely get differing opinions on that. I always use Disney Transportation when I stay on property even though we have a vehicle with us. I just think it's easier.

TheRustyScupper
06-22-2008, 04:50 PM
1) Any Lobby Concierge can give you directions.
2) Basically,
. . . follow sign out of Disney
. . . follow signs to'onto I-4 ( East)
. . . follow I-4 (East) signs to Sea World Exit-71
. . . follow signs to Sea World parking lot
3) Voilą!

NOTE: Highway signs for WDW, Sea World and Universal are large and quite clear. Tourists need to know where to go. And, the area thrives on tourists.

sisterdisco
06-22-2008, 06:15 PM
It seems to me that several years ago we did get a map from FW front desk.

I have been looking at mapquest etc, and I am not sure if they take into account all of the one ways etc on the complex disney highway system.

We are thinking of renting a car.
If you find a map that you can actually use to drive from resort to resort, please PM me.

KylesMom
06-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Visit the Orlando Welcome Center online site & search for Disney World Map. You'll get just what you need. This is basically identical to what Disney used to put out - they called it their "Transportation Guide".

joonyer
06-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Here is a good one from Disney's UK website:

http://www.disney.co.uk/usa-resorts/waltdisneyworld/VII/maps/pdf/wdwmap.pdf

Minniefan68
06-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Joonyer:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

joonyer
06-25-2008, 06:26 PM
You're most welcome. I found that map several years ago and it really helped me understand the WDW layout in my head. And it's small enough to keep handy on the dash or console.

JRocker
06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
One of the old Birnbaums I have has a map of the roads around the world. Dunno if the latest edition has it, but you might check it out.

diz_girl
06-26-2008, 02:44 PM
There are maps here on the Intercot Website. Just go to the Info Central tab and then scroll down to maps. The Disney Detailed and Transportation maps should work for you. They may be slightly out of date, but perfectly useful.