PDA

View Full Version : Best atmosphere at Epcot

Crow
06-22-2008, 01:50 PM
which places do you think have the best atmosphere, leaving aside the food part.

Coral Reef
Biergarten
Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Nine Dragons
Marrakesh
Rose & Crown
San Angel
Teppan Edo/Tokyo Dining
Tutto Italia

Id have to go w Tokyo Dining & San Angel for my top 2. TD rehab & the window overlooking the lagoon, the CMs
San Angel volcano
Coral Reef has the tank
Marrakesh isnt bad either
LC cellar atmosphere just doesnt do it for me

MickeyMousse
06-22-2008, 02:13 PM
San Angel...we enjoyed being seated right next to the water so we had a great view of the volcano and boats going by.
Very relaxing.

KineGirl
06-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Marrakesh is beaUtiful with its tiling everywhere. All of Morroco is for that matter. Tangeriene Cafe is the prettiest CS in all the World IMO :cloud9:

comicguy
06-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I think the best atmosphere is a tie between Coral Reef and San Angel Inn for us:mickey:

cal5755
06-22-2008, 05:48 PM
We have never been to the San Angel Inn so for us it is Coral Reef.... we just felt so relaxed there when we had lunch last trip!

ElenitaB
06-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I think the best atmosphere is a tie between Coral Reef and San Angel Inn for us:mickey:
:ditto:

Janmac
06-22-2008, 11:47 PM
For atmosphere I like Marrakesh and Biergarten. The entertainment boosts the atmosphere that the rest of the pavilion sets up, in each country.

For food, Marrakesh and San Angel Inn. We've eaten many times at San Angel Inn and never, tho we've requested it, gotten anywhere near the river. :(

If San Angel were less crowded or Biergarten switched back from the buffet, I might have to go with 3 way ties for food and atmosphere.

Jan

Spaceship Tigger
06-25-2008, 08:20 AM
I would go with Biergarten and the nighttime village setting with the band and the water. San Angel is a close second for me, especially when the band is there (although not technically playing in the restaurant).

2MuchWDFun
06-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Our family's vote goes to Marrakesh and Coral Reef.

Coral Reef: You can't beat being "unda' the sea"! The water, peaceful blue decor, and a great view of the sealife make it the perfect atmosphere; plus the food is fabulous.

Marrakesh: Beautiful tile work, bellydancing and music; plus gracious service all add up to a great atmosphere and wonderful meal!

Enjoy!

Gator
06-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Biergarten is always very festive and fun. I'd go with San Angel, but inspite of your instructions, I can't get past the food.

gwfx1031
06-25-2008, 05:08 PM
We love the Biergarten. Second would be the outdoor eatery at Mexico, especially for Illuminations.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-25-2008, 06:48 PM
:blush: That's a really interesting question, because we really loved the theming and atmosphere at San Angel Inn but thought the food was just "okay." Haven't tried LeCellier, Marrakesh or Biergarten yet, will be trying all three in December....

Crow
06-25-2008, 08:29 PM
if you include food & atmosphere
Marrakesh & Tokyo Dining.
Ill see again how the food compares to atmosphere at San Angel in Sept.

Tigerinvestigator
06-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Another vote for San Angel Inn followed by Garden Grill and then Biergarten, Marrakesh, and Coral Reef!:thumbsup:

hubbyofadisneyholic
06-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Definitely Biergarten for us!!

beksy
06-27-2008, 11:32 PM
San Angel Inn for us!

#1donaldfan
06-28-2008, 09:44 AM
San Angel Inn has the best atmosphere, it's so relaxing in there, smells so good, it's got it all with one exception.....THE FOOD !! Yuck !!

.....I know you said, "with the exception of the food".....I just wanted to make sure I did not confuse anyone, and thus "trick" them into spending their hard earned money in that place.....it is a must, every trip, to go in and "cool" off / look around, but we won't make the same mistake twice, and eat a meal there.....YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK !!!!:mickey:

Diznee4Me
06-28-2008, 10:15 AM
San Angel Inn is great but I also like the Rose and Crown. Sitting next to the water at the R&C is great and the pub feels like a few we visited in England.

bc002k
06-28-2008, 05:04 PM
San Angel Inn seems like it would be really nice, but Mexican food doesn't do it for me.

Marrakesh is great BUT make sure you don't eat there near closing time. We recently went there with an 8:30 ADR on a night where the park closed at 9:00. By that time, no belly dancer, no live music, and it was rush rush rush as the staff clearly wanted to go home.

Coral Reef is probably the best, though it's a tad bit raucous at times.

Krissalee
06-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Atmosphere only?

Marrakesh - the tiles are amazing!!!

San Angel - the riverside at night is beautiful!

dmosher
06-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Le Cellier or San Angel, both have great themeing and a much quieter romantic atmosphere

Georgesgirl1
06-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Marrakesh and Beirgarten have the best atmosphere in my opinion. I love the tile and the belly dancing at Marrakesh. Beirgarten is so pretty with the look of being outdoors and the band is really fun. the food is really good at both places too!

If you are looking for a romantic place, I have always thought that San Angel Inn looked so romantic. I have never eaten there though, so I can't comment on the food (but that wasn't the question)!

Rich Mc
06-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Our favorite is Chefs de France and San Angel in Mexico!

AdventurerKim
06-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Le Cellier, San Angel, and Les Chefs de France have great atmospheres! :thumbsup: