PDA

View Full Version : Mail Call

Marilyn Michetti
06-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Hey, I finally won something. Let's see if I'm reading it right.

I get a free pre-paid cremation if I buy one for someone I love ????????

Because I'm a Veteran.......Oh, it's a drawing. Darn - I thought it was a sure thing. A CREMATION !!! I live in Arizona. All I have to do is sit on the stoop out front.

It's 114 out today, I spilled some boiling oatmeal on my foot, and now I'm getting a chance at cremation ! On top of all that, this was the only piece of mail that even looked interesting.

Anybody out there top that?:confused:

tinkerbellybutton
06-21-2008, 11:49 PM
:notworth: I can't top it. You're still the reigning queen. ;) I certainly hope your tomorrow is better than today. 114, whew :faint:

Marilyn Michetti
06-22-2008, 12:08 AM
DH said to forget the free cremation - we have a kiln. I'm sorry I brought it up.:thedolls:

BronxTigger
06-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Wow Marilyn! I really can't wait to see you in December! You are too funny!

I can't top that, but I did have some funny mail awhile ago. I got scabies a few months ago from ??? but anyways it causes you to get itchy red spots all over, similar to chicken pox. Anyways, I'm just recovering from that mess when the 101 Dalmatians came out on DVD, and I get a thing in the mail from Disney that said something about getting spots. (The exact wording was hilarious; too bad I don't remember it.) I just started to laugh. I didn't WANT any more spots!

P.S. JQ started a new thread...Jump in now while you still can!

pdrlkr
06-22-2008, 10:19 AM
:jaw:

kakn7294
06-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Marilyn, your post is the funniest thing I've read in a long time! I haven't ever gotten mail that good.

conorsmom2000
06-22-2008, 10:22 AM
:D No Marilyn, I can't top that either!! The only mail I get that half makes me laugh, and half annoys me to death, is the pre-approved credit card that Continental Airlines keeps sending....to Conor! It started 2 years ago, so I called them and said...Um, he's 6!! I have repeatedly asked that he be removed, to no avail. The last time it came I filled it out (omitting real personal info, like SSN, birthdate, etc.) but for "Occupation" I put "1st Grader", "Employer", I put Mom & Dad, Income, I put $3 a week/allowance. Then I sent it with a long letter explaining that this was a child and he should not be receiving these offers. He never did get the actual card :D but he did get one more offer after that! :confused:

MsMin
06-22-2008, 12:08 PM
checking the mail... hmmm I got a free highlight magazine... my baby is 23? and a bank statement, I can't decide if that's funny or sad. :jaw:
You have a stoop? My grandma's house had one in N.O. -- plenty there.
Watch out for that oatmeal.

J9
06-22-2008, 05:15 PM
The worst mail we ever get is:

To: Mr. Janine LastName, III
Problems with this:
1) I am a girl
2) I am not a III - not even by a long shot!!!
And yet? I get something like this everyday

Also, we get tons tons TONS of mail in Spanish. Credit Card Applications, magazines, you name it! We assume its because our last name is Spanish....but it is also Italian. We happen to be Italian and NOT Hispanic. I can read a lot of it because I took a lot of Spanish, but my parents and brothers have absolutely no clue. We call to ask them to stop mailing us, and they start speaking in Spanish. My mother actually yelled on the phone once "INGLES!!! WE SPEAK INGLES!!!" It's actually quite amusing.

Piglet822
06-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey, I finally won something. Let's see if I'm reading it right.

I get a free pre-paid cremation if I buy one for someone I love ????????

Because I'm a Veteran.......Oh, it's a drawing. Darn - I thought it was a sure thing. A CREMATION !!! I live in Arizona. All I have to do is sit on the stoop out front.

It's 114 out today, I spilled some boiling oatmeal on my foot, and now I'm getting a chance at cremation ! On top of all that, this was the only piece of mail that even looked interesting.

Anybody out there top that?:confused:

I can't top it but your post reminded me of a conversation my late grandmother had some years back with a cemetary plot salesman.
He of course was trying to sell a plot to her in Florida where she was living. She politely declined stating she already had a plot in New York State where her husband was already buried.
This guy was very persistant. Finallly my grandmother said maybe she would be interested after all (the guy just wouldn't let up). Very surprised the salesman asked why if she already had a plot up north. My grandmother's answer? (this woman was a gem!) She might want to come south for the winter :funny:

tinkerbellybutton
06-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I can't top it but your post reminded me of a conversation my late grandmother had some years back with a cemetary plot salesman.
He of course was trying to sell a plot to her in Florida where she was living. She politely declined stating she already had a plot in New York State where her husband was already buried.
This guy was very persistant. Finallly my grandmother said maybe she would be interested after all (the guy just wouldn't let up). Very surprised the salesman asked why if she already had a plot up north. My grandmother's answer? (this woman was a gem!) She might want to come south for the winter :funny:

:haha::funny: Too cute!

Georgesgirl1
06-22-2008, 09:19 PM
I can't top the cremeation offer, but my husband does get offers to join AARP almost weekly. Thing is he is only 29! He is the IV, so I think that get him confused with his dad who is 70.

Marilyn Michetti
06-23-2008, 01:40 PM
:haha::funny: Too cute!

I wish I'd known your Grandma !! That's too funny.:funny:

Actually, one of the selling points for the Neptune Society on the brochure I got was:

"We live in such a mobile society - you don't have to leave loved ones behind". Hmmmmm. that opens up possibilities for a free trip to WDW!!!:mickey:

TiggeRia
06-23-2008, 04:07 PM
We keep getting hearing aid offers (from the same company) for my grandmother who died in 1991--and stopped living with us in 1989. We've tried contacting them about it, but it does no good. Oh well!

Piglet822
06-23-2008, 10:50 PM
I wish I'd known your Grandma !! That's too funny.:funny:

Oh, she was a hoot. When my son was 8 months old we visited with her a few days. My husband (now my ex) and I wanted to run out for a few minutes but I was concerned about leaving her alone with the baby. She was in her 80's and I was concerned if she had to lift the baby or anything.
When we walked back in the door I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared. There was my 84 year old (young) grandmother IN the playpen playing with my son.
She had a terrific sense of humor which my mom and I both possess :)