PDA

View Full Version : My Flower Power Disney Trip Day 13

PeterPansMagic
06-21-2008, 10:10 PM
We decided to do some park hopping on this day. We took the bus to Animal Kingdom. We rented an ECV for me since Animal Kingdom has a lot of walking & a lot of hills.

The first thing we did was go to Kilimanjaro Safaris & this is one of my favorite rides. It's one of my favorites because it's different each time. This time was no exception. There was a lot of animals out & there was even one close to the vehicle. I took a lot of pictures. I think for now on when we go to Animal Kingdom, this is the ride we will go on first.

After the Safari ride, we went into Pangani Exploration Trail. I took a video of the Meerkats and their actions. I even got to see bats this time. I love bats. These bats were all hanging upside down, sleeping. I took pictures of a few of them. Bats even have a musky smell to them. I saw some Tigers too but this time they hung out in the shade & away from the people.

When we got done with the Trail, we decided to ride around for a bit. We ran into the Kali River Rapids area. We even looked over the wall. I noticed the inner tube the people were on was huge & looks like it could hold up to 8 people. In the middle is where you can store items you dont want to get wet. I even saw the people getting off the ride soaking wet.

We rode over to Camp Minnie-Mickey & I got a picture with Mickey & Goofy. Goofy was being Goofier than normal. He kept playing with the horns on our ECVs. After getting pictures with them we saw a guy with a Guitar playing some funny tunes. I believe he was Getar Dan. He was quite amusing.

We went back to Rafikis Planet Watch. This is an area where you learn how to protect the environment & how to save the earth. I saw a trash can going around talking to people. I even took a video of him & I followed him around. He even picked on me. He was really cute. I even went to the petting zoo to pet some animals this time. I even petted a billy goat with the name Jamie. Sorry, No pictures.

We started getting hungry so we turned in my ECV & got the $20 back. We were headed for EPCOT so I got to use it there too. When we got to EPCOT, we rented me another ECV & then went to the Electric Umbrella to get something to eat. We each got a double cheeseburger which was really good. We didn't get to ride on any rides because it was getting too late to ride on any.

We went to Canada instead to listen to Off-Kilter again. I probably drive Louis nuts but Oh Well!!! After listening to Off-Kilter we went to the United Kingdom to listen to British Invasion again. Then we went over to America to see The Ventures at the American Gardens Theatre.

This time Jim flew out to Disney for a week so he could look for a Disney job. He hung out with us at the concert & he had me try one of his slushies from France. It was a really good drink. You couldn't even taste the alcohol in it. He even hung out with us at British Invasion & Illuminations this time.

After Illuminations we parted ways. Louis & I went back to the resort to fill up our mugs & Jim went back to his hotel which was off property.

Stay Tuned to Day 14

pdrlkr
06-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
06-22-2008, 02:47 PM
You are clearly a big fan of Off Kilter and the British Invasion!

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
06-25-2008, 04:44 PM
It made me laugh to see Off Kilter come up in this report again. Louis is very sweet to indulge you with so many shows. Sounds like another fun day! :mickey:

DizNee143
06-27-2008, 02:26 PM
yet another great day!! yay! glad to hear your friend jim has finally made it!! :mickey: