PDA

View Full Version : Day 2-Our LAST vacation with family

princessjojo
06-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Just to recap…
Day 1 started early in and of itself then on top, we didn’t actually get to our room until late that evening. We enjoyed the rides, Animal Kingdom was hot but great, food was great, above what we expected, but there are too many kids in the picture with too much of a span in ages. Aside from that, for the most part, the day went great, but the story started when we actually got to our room.

The villa was very nice, a little older and showed more signs of wear than I would have thought, but still nice. UNTIL, I was getting ready to shower for the evening. You know what that oppressive heat can do to you and how it can make you feel. Then I noticed the mildew in the shower along the grout lines and the edges. No can do. It was already 11:30/12 by then so I cleaned it myself, thoroughly, and went on about my business. Somewhere I had read to bring along some powered bleach. I did and didn’t know exactly what I was going to do with it at the time, but now I’m glad I did. Bleached everything else as well.

So Good morning Gang!!! Rise and shine, its 7am and we need to get going.

If looks could kill, I would be dead by now. So I sat outside on the balcony looking at the bushes and drinking my coffee. I did bring Dunkin Donut blend from home so that helped. I found out how old I really am at this point as my feet, legs and hips felt rusted, like the Tin Man from Oz. And my back was miserable. So I rested outside until around 9, and then started over again.

Everyone was finally rounded up, clean, dressed in their latest Disney gear and we were headed to MK. Now, yesterday, AK was my favorite, but today it’s MK for different reasons. This is where you get to be a kid, all girls become a princess and boys become pirates and you aren’t looked at strangely for it. It’s what you’re supposed to do.

It was great, as we were able to ride Space Mtn., BTMR, Dumbo, Splash Mtn. after the break down (happens to us every time), HM, everything. It was great. And to see the look on a child’s face the first time they see the characters they’ve only read about compares only to the biggest sports fan playing a pick-up game of Bball or swinging a bat a few times with their favorite athletes. Or for girly girls, to meet their favorite shoe or purse designer. It’s an incredible sight and a feeling you only get to capture very few times. For my 16yo sister it was great. She got to experience WDW as both a child and an adult. She took so many pictures of everything, but wanted to know what it was all like and about. She couldn’t choose between rides and parades, but in the end chose the rides. There was just so much to take in that her senses became overwhelmed. So the child in her stepped in and she just went with her desires. It was her day to see what she wanted. We took in as much as we could, commando style because we had to leave the park around 6pm. We did do dinner at LTT and we all loved it. The food was great. Our family is one of big eaters, but the others aren’t used to eating as much all day. We ate and ate and ate. It was all so very good. For my nephew, the highlight of the day was having Goofy and Minnie come by the table. And for him to get a kiss from Minnie was the icing on the cake. He was now top dog among his friends. And he has the picture to prove it.

After dinner, we cleaned up in our room and headed to DTD for our special treat for the day. We were all going to see the LaNouba show. For us, it would be a real treat. For the newbies with us, they had no idea what they were in for. Again, it was amazing. To see all of the kids sitting with their eyes glued on the stage sitting motionlessly was worth the cost of the tickets. It was a great show again, but for DH and myself especially, it was hard. We had had 2 very busy days and little to no rest. Staying awake was a challenge for me, but I managed. Still loved the show. I have to say my favorite part was the performance where they were hanging and twisting from the ceiling in the red silk. That just amazes me every time.

BrieAnna learn to keep her phone in her pocket. No more strangers calling her boyfriend today. I have to say though that if I hear “what are we going to do next, where are we going now, I don’t want to do that so what else are we going to do” again I may just flip out. No one but my children gave any suggestions as to what to do all day. I have to say that before the trip, I asked them to look at their maps I had made for them, and through the guide books I purchased for them and get their thoughts on what to do during the day. Only BrieAnna took the time to plan out what she wanted to see and do. The others just complained about how the day was going, how tired they were and what they didn’t want to do, but offered no suggestions on other activities. Enough said on that for the day.

All of the kids decided that with tons the pictures, they can show how brave they all were, especially the new adventurers among us. Now it’s time for bed again!

pdrlkr
06-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
06-22-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm amazed at how much you put into one day - from the Magic Kingdom through La Nouba! You got a lot accomplished with such a diverse group of folks!

KineGirl
06-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Aside from the complaints it sounds like an awesome day in MK! I kinda like going commando style :mickey: Its so cool to see kids (and grownups) be able to be kids in MK and let their "cool" hair down.

Ive been to other Cirque shows but never La Nouba and every time Ive read a trip report where someone has gone, I keep telling myself "we gotta get to that!"

princessjojo
06-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Ive been to other Cirque shows but never La Nouba and every time Ive read a trip report where someone has gone, I keep telling myself "we gotta get to that!"
You would be doing yourself a great treat to see it. I don't know of anyone who has been disappointed by it. And worth every penny.

#1disneyfan
06-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I thought about getting tickets to see LaNouba, but our trip is just too short this time. I would like to schedule that when I am there for a week.

Anyway sounds like you had a good day, despite the complaining.

On to read the next report...

tinkerbellybutton
06-23-2008, 08:22 AM
Wow, you guys sure seem to pack a lot in one day, thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
06-23-2008, 04:43 PM
It sounds like you need a little more rest (and a lot less complaining from the troops) on this trip. I can't believe you needed to be on mold duty your first night there! I'm sorry you had to spend your time this way. :(

What a treat to see La Nouba - I hope that tomorrow runs more smoothly for you! :mickey:

gauvin4
06-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Sounds like another fun filled day. I'm glad to hear everyone enjoyed La Nouba, I have tickets for my October trip. I can't wait!! :cloud9: Thanks for sharing!

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
What a fabulous day!! I can't wait to see LaNouba, it is on our agenda for next year? July I think. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Momof2boys
06-24-2008, 02:18 PM
I've always wanted to see LaNouba -- we've seen a couple of Cirque shows in Vegas and loved them all. It's good to hear that all the kids were entralled with it.

McGoofy
06-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Another great day---well, with the exception of bleaching your shower at midnight. Maybe they knew you were carrying bleach with you, so they assigned that room to you on purpose!;) Just kidding. Actually, when I was first reading that you cleaned the shower, I was thinking "what in the world did she clean mold with?" Then you said you had powdered bleach. What are the odds that you just happened to have that on hand???

The day at MK sounded great. As tiring as it was, you sure got a lot done. And LaNouba:cloud9:, our whole family has always wanted to go that. We've been to one in Myrtle Beach, SC, but we really want to make it a point to go see the WDW one someday. I'm glad you were able to enjoy that without falling asleep!:mickey:

Moving on to read more of your great trip....:mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for sharing your report. you sure have been able to do quite a lot.

princessjojo
06-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Maybe they knew you were carrying bleach with you, so they assigned that room to you on purpose!;) Just kidding. Actually, when I was first reading that you cleaned the shower, I was thinking "what in the world did she clean mold with?" Then you said you had powdered bleach. What are the odds that you just happened to have that on hand???

It was rather ironic that I had the bleach. I had been thinking about how great the whirlpool tub would be, then how dirty it would be inside the jets :ack:. So trying to anticipate the tubs use on tired legs, feet & back, I packed the bleach to clean it. I had no intentions of cleaning a shower that should have been cleaned before I arrived. Oh well,...

ChipnDaleGal
06-27-2008, 07:52 PM
How lucky that you packed powdered bleach! Who would have known? It has been years since I saw LaNouba. You have me wanting to see it again. Thank you for reporting.:mickey:

Lizzie
07-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for another report.

RocknBev
07-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm catching up! Read Day 3 before Day 2 but hey...I like to mix things up a bit!
I missed the part about who is on this trip...I get the picture that there are a lot of extended family though!
Thanks for the report!

Kisobel
07-26-2008, 04:37 AM
great report so far.

kate