PDA

View Full Version : What's the best room to get @ AKL (Savannah View or other?)

mickey'smouse4u
06-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Just booked for Oct. 19th-25th. Would like to know best area to be in for those of you who's been here alot. I'm a Poly girl, but with code I had there wasn't any rooms left @ Poly.

KineGirl
06-21-2008, 05:19 PM
I would ask for the Arusha & Uzima savannahs until construction is over. The Sunset savannah is the one that faces that.

Dont worry... AKL is amazing! Just back check the posts here about the resort and youll see its very beautiful and unique. You just might turn into an AKL girl ;) I have. :elephant:

mickey'smouse4u
06-21-2008, 05:19 PM
I sent for WDW travel planning CD & got code e-mailed to me for a discount. I got 5 days for 3 adults, one junior, tickets & WDW diningfor @2900.00. I think that's a savings don't you? Believe me been there several times & know the cost, still LOVE IT though.:mjump::mjump:

Lightnin McQueen
06-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Savannah View Room, 3rd Floor, 3rd block in on the right hand wing as you look at a map of the resort (to be found on info central).

Or to be more specific room 3425.

have a great stay :simba:

Lightnin & Family

Stickey
06-27-2008, 02:08 PM
I recommend: Arusha savannah, Zebra Trail, 3rd or 4th floor.

Chairman Mallard
06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I have a question.

We are planning a trip in 12/09.

We have narrowed our choices to POFQ or AKL.

The AKL looks beautiful and the opportunity to see the animals from your balcony seems like a great experience.

My question is, we only are going to have 4 full days at WDW, as we are really going to Florida to go on a Panama Canal cruise. Will staying at the AKL be too awesome, making us want to stay at the hotel and thus taking time away from the actual parks, since we only have 4 days there?

Since we only have 4 days, is the French Quarter a better choice?

Giselle
06-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Since AK is so big, I would try to get a room as close to the lobby/transportation/restaurants as possible. The first time we went there we had a room so far away, by the time we got to the bus stop we needed a nap. So, if you don't request it, you might be walking a lot before you even get to the parks. Also, get a savannah view. I think all the views of the animals are equally great. Also, you must eat at BOMA and get a bunch of zebra domes. Have fun.

Robbieligh
07-06-2008, 12:09 PM
We booked a room at the AKL with a pool view for Dec 6-13:. We are doing the deluxe dining plan so I really did not want to spend the extra money on a savannah view. Has anyone stayed in a pool view room and was it nice?

RedSoxFan
07-06-2008, 06:11 PM
We had pool view rooms at AKL. I thought it was very nice. We had a picture window across from our room to view the animals. We would walk to the grounds in the morning with our coffee to view the animals too. Enjoy.

DizneyRox
07-06-2008, 07:34 PM
The best room is The Royal Astante Suite. Prices are in the 2K per night range.

pox24
07-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Just there in May. Uzima is your best bet or else you will see construction.