PDA

View Full Version : Changing room assignment

goofynmd
06-21-2008, 02:06 PM
I wasn't paying good attention when we booked our room. We have a room on the 2nd deck directly below the dance club. Currently they are showing no availability in our chosen category or even one category above what we have booked. Has anyone stayed in a room right below the dance club? DS is 3 years old and will be in bed by 10pm. Is the noise going to be so bothersome that it would ruin our sleep? One rep I talked to on the phone advised that I try to call back around the "45 day final payment window" and see if anything opens up.

TammiMcMan
06-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Has anyone stayed in a room right below the dance club?I have not, but all the reports that I've read, do indicate that these rooms are pretty noisy after 10pm.

DS is 3 years old and will be in bed by 10pm. Is the noise going to be so bothersome that it would ruin our sleep?That's hard to predict. If he's normally a light sleeper, then you might have a problem. If you can't get moved, then you may want to try a white noise machine. These are a great option and many people report success with reducing outside noise levels.

The CM gave you good advice and I would definitely call at the 45 day window. If that doesn't work, you could try getting to the port as early as possible the day of your cruise. If the ship isn't sold out, you can get some great discounts for category upgrades. Good luck.

DOPEY321
06-22-2008, 07:24 PM
I'd also check Disney website daily. Sometimes people hold cabins and then never book. My mom booke last year in a cat 11 w/ her travel agent because there was nothing left in cat 10 (which is what she wanted). I checked everyday online, and what she wanted popped up within a week.
good luck