PDA

View Full Version : Best time to go....Early Nov or January?

masondoggy
06-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I have a room booked at the All-Star Music resort for the end of Dec. but have to cancel because now DH can't take off work that week. So now I'm trying to decide the best time to reschedule. We could go anytime in Oct through Nov or mid-late January. I'd like to avoid crowds and heat, thank you. :D

What are the pro's & con's? I also read on another site that sometimes Disney will offer the free dining package in January. Is that likely to happen or not?

Thanks.

Minniefan68
06-21-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't know anything about the dining plan, but having gone to the World in early-mid November in 2006 and 2007, I can tell you that it was a PERFECT time to go. The weather was 72-78, breezy, crowds were super light during the week. 2006 was my DH's first time (he was 38) and he was amazed at how many rides we just walked onto. He had gone with a preconcieved notion that there would be long lines and crowds of people everywhere. Not so, I'm happy to say. We've been so thrilled with the weather and light crowds that we are going again this November. I highly recommend it.

Cheryl

thumperbug
06-21-2008, 07:24 PM
If you go in November and any part of your trip falls in or after Nov 16 you will be able to enjoy the holiday decorations and the Christmas party. The first of the 2008 season is Nov 16.

The weather as noted is usually great. I hear in January the crowds are non-existant which is a benefit but there is nothing special going on that the time such as the holiday party. It becomes a preference whether you want a little something extra special while you are there or if you are happy with the Disney Magic on its own. Either way...have a great time!

Beast_fanatic
06-21-2008, 10:04 PM
To date, Disney has only offered the free dining plan in August/September as far as I know.