PDA

View Full Version : New Fun Things to Do

Closet Disney Fan
06-20-2008, 07:48 PM
My girlfriend and I have been to DLR five or more times and she has been about 100 times more than I have and we are looking to do something new that we haven't experienced before that would make this trip special . any ideas ? :thumbsup:

Aisling
06-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Go on every single kid ride in Fantasyland.
Find every character you can and get your picture taken with them.
Ride Buzz Lightyear and whoever has the highest score gets to pick where you'll eat and/or the next snack.
Smooch in front of the castle (keep it G rated!)
Go to the Princess Fantasy Fair and pretend you're a Prince and she's a Princess.
Take a tour - A Walk in Walt's Footsteps is very fun and informative.
Ask to ride in the front of the monorail as well as the Lily Belle car on the railroad.
Talk in English accents all day and pretend you've never been to Disneyland - ask lots of cast members what rides they recommend.
Go on the Jungle Cruise and laugh at all the silly jokes (with a British accent!).
Have a character meal and dance with the characters.
Run around Tom Sawyer's Island and talk like a Pirate (with a British accent!). If a kid walks by, say 'arrrr ya goin' somewhere sailor?' They'll think you work there and run away from you.
Go on the canoe ride, it's a blast!
Go on Pirates and sing to the song the whole way through.
Look for Hidden Mickeys throughout the park.
Try to put yourselves in as many tourist photos you can. Always make a goofy face. (by this I mean, if you see someone taking a picture, try to be in it)
Offer to take pictures of everyone you see holding a camera.
See Alladin if you haven't already.
Make sure you go to Turtle Talk with Crush in DCA.
When you're done with Crush, go down to the cave area where you can insert your voices into Disney movies. We like to improvise and see how silly we sound.
Mostly, just have fun. Even if you've been a hundred times, it's Disneyland! The Happiest Place on Earth.

Closet Disney Fan
06-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup: While my girlfriend and I read those we were literally laughing out loud. We are for sure searching for Hidden Mickeys and we hope to participate in several of the other suggestions as well ! Thanks again they all sound great !

seanyred
06-23-2008, 12:53 PM
About Hidden Mickey's at DL. Is there a guide or a list for clues on where to look. I love looking for them at WDW but I noticed there is no official Hidden Mickey book for DL. Any ideas or suggestions?

tinkwest
06-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Press Coins. :twocents:
Bring plenty of change and fill a pressed coin collectibles book with memories of DLR.

Disneyland Penny Press locations (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x23143861e&varPage=location)
DCA Penny Press locations (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x23143861e&varPage=info)
DTD & Resort Hotels Penny Press locations (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x23143861e&varPage=agenda)

Aisling
06-23-2008, 06:48 PM
They now sell a Hidden Mickey's book for Disneyland at the World of Disney store in DtD, and probably other places in the park. I saw them at WOD last weekend, but didn't think to look at other stores inside the parks. :mickey:

tinkwest
06-23-2008, 09:59 PM
About Hidden Mickey's at DL. Is there a guide or a list for clues on where to look. I love looking for them at WDW but I noticed there is no official Hidden Mickey book for DL. Any ideas or suggestions?

They now sell a Hidden Mickey's book for Disneyland at the World of Disney store in DtD, and probably other places in the park. I saw them at WOD last weekend, but didn't think to look at other stores inside the parks. :mickey:

Although I didn't pick it up and look at it, three weeks ago I did see a book about Hidden Mickeys at the 20th Century Music Company on Main Street, Disneyland.

Closet Disney Fan
06-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Yes there are books regarding the Hidden Mickeys that take you step by step to find them. I forgot where exactly I purchased it but I'm sure if you search your local Disney Store, or WOD you could find one that would be very informative.

DisneyLandMomma
06-24-2008, 03:37 PM
I saw that book yesterday in the Off the Page shop in DCA.