PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone sailed on a completely booked Disney Cruise before?

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-20-2008, 05:38 PM
I was just looking at the Disney Cruiseline website for our upcoming cruise in Decemeber... there are only 3 catagories left available! (It's the Mousefest cruise, so I'm sure that's a big part of it.) What's it like on a completely full boat? Exactly how crowded does it really get when it's all booked up?

But man, I'm glad I booked when I did! :thumbsup:

sisterdisco
06-20-2008, 05:55 PM
I am pretty sure that DCL is "Completely Booked" every single sailing. That is why Disney charges double that of other cruise lines.

However, the beauty of cruise ships, is that they only hold so many people (not like going to a beach w/ wall to wall people)---they are built to hold that many, and activities are geared toward that passenger capacity number.

Disney does a fantastic job of getting people spread out on a ship. There is an "adult only" section, and they keep the kids completely out of it. There was always a spare lounge chair there.

The Mickey Pools were always crowded w/ little kids jumping in and out---what you would expect anyways.

They work the shows so that 1/2 the boat goes to one time and the other 1/2 at the other time.

You will have no idea that there are a few thousand people on board.

They juggle the kids counselors too, so that they work w/ demand of the ages that show up. We didn't have any problems getting the kids in at any time.

It will be great!

RobWreck
06-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that our last cruise over New Year's was completely booked. While alot of the events were 'busy' (especially the NYE deck party and the Pirates party), it never felt 'crowded'. I think Sisterdisco is right on the money about the ship being built to hold a certain capacity and being able to provide for that many guests...
Rob

SgtTigger
06-20-2008, 06:49 PM
On the June 1st cruise they had a sign at guest services that said the cruise was sold out......

It did not seem crowded.......

:cop: :tigger:

DisneyDudet
06-20-2008, 08:00 PM
I believe our 4 day on Sunday is completely booked, since about a month or more ago, it wasn't even an option in June anymore. Most sailings are pretty full, but the cruise is designed to cater to a full ship, so I wouldn' worry!!