PDA

View Full Version : Free DDP Question

sisterdisco
06-20-2008, 01:16 PM
We are going during Free Dining, and our 9yo DS will turn 10 the last day of our trip.
So he is considered 9yo as far as park passes go and as far as DDP goes.
Does anyone know if we are able to pay to make him an adult on the Free DDP? He is wanting to try the adult meals.
Thanks

disneykat
06-20-2008, 04:33 PM
For the past two years, I have purchased adult tickets and dining plan for an older child who I knew would not eat the food on the child's menu. We are going during free dining this year and they just booked both children as juniors. It's worth it to me to make sure my kids are getting something good to eat. The children't menus seem to be really limited!! Enjoy!!:mickey:

sisterdisco
06-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks!!
Will call travel agent on Monday and have her change the child to a Jr. Should only cost me about $30 more for the week.

ElenitaB
06-20-2008, 05:31 PM
As far as I understand, if your child is registered as a Junior for dining purposes, they will also be registered as a Junior for park tickets, and the difference may be a lot more than $30. Be sure to check with your travel agent before making that change!

TheRustyScupper
06-21-2008, 11:36 AM
1) Park tickets and DDP coupons are either adult or child.
2) They are tied together.
3) You cannot have one as an adult and one as a child.
4) Thus, it will be expensive to change the kid to an adult for the week.

NOTE: In your case, the DDP would not cost more, since it is free, but you would pay for adult park tickets for the whole week for the child instead of child's rate. HUGE difference.

McGoofy
06-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Yes, park ticket category of adult/child must match meal category of adult/child. (They call it "junior," but there is no price difference from the adult.) As a mother of a child who just turned 10, I say enjoy the child prices while you can!:mickey: You didn't mention where you are eating, but if you are doing any kind of buffet, your child can eat exactly what adults are eating and as much of it as he/she wants. Over our last few trips while we were still paying for DS to be 9, we ate at places such as Chef Mickeys, Hollywood & Vine (dinner), Ohanas (dinner), etc... Even when we went to a place that is not a buffett such as LeCellier, DS ordered the kids steak, and my adult portion was so huge that I just shared. Right now you are way better off paying for your child to be a child. I am dreading the cost of our next meal and ticket purchase as we will have one more "adult" in our house.

disneykat
06-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks!!
Will call travel agent on Monday and have her change the child to a Jr. Should only cost me about $30 more for the week.

This is exactly what I figured as well. It's well worth it since the dining portion is free. I would upgrade even if I had to pay the difference but that will be a mute point in a few months. Enjoy your trip!!:mickey:

Young@Heart
06-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Yes, park ticket category of adult/child must match meal category of adult/child. (They call it "junior," but there is no price difference from the adult.) As a mother of a child who just turned 10, I say enjoy the child prices while you can!:mickey: You didn't mention where you are eating, but if you are doing any kind of buffet, your child can eat exactly what adults are eating and as much of it as he/she wants. Over our last few trips while we were still paying for DS to be 9, we ate at places such as Chef Mickeys, Hollywood & Vine (dinner), Ohanas (dinner), etc... Even when we went to a place that is not a buffett such as LeCellier, DS ordered the kids steak, and my adult portion was so huge that I just shared. Right now you are way better off paying for your child to be a child. I am dreading the cost of our next meal and ticket purchase as we will have one more "adult" in our house.

This is so true! Last trip, DS was 9 (and DD was 2 and ate free!) and since we mostly ate at buffets, it was a great savings! This trip, DD will be 5 and DS 12, and the price difference for our family was astronomical! We're paying about twice as much as last time, and we only added one extra day. And since DS isn't an adventurous eater, he'll probably want to choose from the child's menu most of the time. :confused: