buzznwoodysmom
06-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Cast:
Me, Denise
DH, Kevin
DS, Collin 8
DS, Landon 6
DM, Sheila

Sun., June 15 - Today was a sad day for the boys. They thought this was way too short of a vacation and begged to stay somewhere for one more night. They also wondered why I had them wearing swim suits for the drive home. I told them that if we saw a cool water park on the way home we would stop and do that or maybe stop at another beach to break up the drive. They were OK with that explination and off we went.

Not long into the drive I took out the video camera and started filming them. Asking if they had fun in Vero and filming the signs showing where we were really headed. I asked them if they had enough fun and they replied "No, we wanted more fun". So I told them that if they wanted more fun they should look ahead out the front window and there was the entrance to WDW. They flipped out. At first I don't think they believed their eyes. They were asking us to pinch them and saying "this is the best day of my life". They carried on about their surprise for the rest of the day. They told anyone who would listen about their surprise. Everyone from CMs to other guests got an ear full about it. Needless to say, we pulled of the surprise and got the exact reaction from the boys that we were hoping for.

Our rooms at SSR weren't ready when we arrived so we hopped a bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The boys had never been to a water park in WDW so this was a first for them. We had lots of fun in the wave pool, except for Landon. When he saw that huge wave coming at us he took off running in the opposite direction. Kevin, my mom and I all took turns sitting with him while the rest of us played in the waves. Kevin did the shark reef snorkle, Kevin and Collin did crush and gusher, we all enjoyed the lazy river, and while Kevin and Collin did some other slides, my mom and I relaxed while Landon played in the kiddie area. Landon loved the raft ride in the kiddie area. We all met back up and played a while longer in the wave pool before calling it a day at the water park.

Back at SSR our rooms were ready. We were located in the grandstand. Once again we had two studio rooms. If my mom hadn't decided to come with us so last minute we would have been better off with a 2 bedroom, but the studios were fine. We actually had connecting rooms at SSR. We liked the resort, but would not want to stay here again. It was just too big and spread out for us. It just didn't have the "disney" feel the other resorts have. I felt more surrounded by disey when we stayed at the Swan resort than we did at SSR. Great, beautiful, quiet, relaxing resort, just not a place for us. Once we were settled into our room we headed for the pool. Now this pool has a great slide. Even I went on the slide with the boys a few times. We were only at the pool for about 45 minutes when the sky opened up. We took that as our cue to go back to the room to get ready for dinner.

When we checked in the CM wouldn't even tell us which section we were located in. On all other stays when our rooms were not ready we were at least told what section we were in and given a map showing where it was located. This CM not only didn't let us know what section, but he didn't even give us a map. So instead of taking the boat to DTD we drove. We were running a little behind on time so we didn't have time to find out where the boat was located. We made it to Fulton's Crab house just in time for our ADR. My mom's friends were in Orlando to go to a boat factory and were staying at the Royal Plaza hotel in the DTD area so I had them added to our ADR and we were able to have Father's Day dinner with them. While the food at Fulton's was really good, I don't think it was worth the price. Kevin and I had the Lobster bisque, and shared the filet and crab cake entrees. The crab cakes were probably the best I've ever had, but the rest of our dinner was just OK. After dinner we shopped around DTD for a while then headed back to the room for our big park day tomorrow.

Up Next: All 4 parks in one day, are we nuts?!?

faline
06-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Up Next: All 4 parks in one day, are we nuts?!?

Well...after all that relaxing, it's time for some park action so why not all four in one day?!

jilwil
06-20-2008, 02:27 PM
The crab cakes were probably the best I've ever had, but the rest of our dinner was just OK.

We had the same experience at FCH! The crab cakes were to die for, but for the money, the rest was mediocre.

Enjoying reading your reports! Can't wait to read about your day at the parks!

buzznwoodysmom
06-20-2008, 03:12 PM
We had the same experience at FCH! The crab cakes were to die for, but for the money, the rest was mediocre.

Enjoying reading your reports! Can't wait to read about your day at the parks!

I know, I know! It was so disappointing to have a $150+ bill and the only thing above average were the crab cakes. I am glad we tried it once, but we won't return.

mouseketeer mom
06-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah!!!! You pulled off the surprise! I am feeling your joy right along with you!!

#1disneyfan
06-20-2008, 08:08 PM
We pulled off 3 parks in one day, i can't wait to see if you survive it!!

Sounds like the boys were truly surprised. Kudos to you and your husband for keeping it a secret!

pdrlkr
06-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

SgtTigger
06-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Man i knew you were going to WDW.... I just knew it.........

Glad the water park was fun......

The kids reaction was great.......

Wait no Mickey bars???????

Did you say 4 parks in one day???????? ONE day????????? Are you crazy?????:haha:

:cop: :tigger:

ChipnDaleGal
06-23-2008, 04:10 PM
I can't imagine anything better than watching your sons' faces when they realized what was happening. What a moment to capture on film. :mickey:

KylesMom
06-24-2008, 11:26 AM
What a wonderful reaction from the boys - I don't know HOW you kept it a surprise! :secret: Nice that you were able to escape to TL for a few hours. I'm sorry, though, that your dinner at Fulton's wasn't more of a success.

Looking forward to your "4-park report" - you are WAY more ambitious than I've ever been!

tinkerbell04
06-24-2008, 12:47 PM
What a great surprise for the boys! I can tell from your writing how excited they were!

Momof2boys
06-24-2008, 01:36 PM
They flipped out. At first I don't think they believed their eyes. They were asking us to pinch them and saying "this is the best day of my life".

That's classic. Definately a moment to treasure for a long time to come. I'm sure you & Kevin picked up some big Parent Brownie Points for this awesome surprise.

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2008, 05:45 PM
I bet you were glad you videoed that moment. I would love to have seen their faces. I don't know how in the world you kept it a secret. I would have just busted at the seams!!:mickey:

Thanks for sharing.

MauiMouse
07-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Awe, it's so sweet to surprise the kids. :thumbsup: We are going to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time next month. I'm looking forward to checking it all out.

wdwgrl377
07-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Great reporting!! Thanks for sharing! I love Typhoon Lagoon!! :D

Lizzie
07-07-2008, 04:04 PM
What a great surprise for your kids.