View Full Version : Our Summer Surprise, Vero Beach part of trip, part 1

buzznwoodysmom
06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Cast: Me, Denise
DH, Kevin
DS, Collin 8
DS, Landon 6
DM, Sheila

We decided to try Disney's Vero Beach resort this year. It is a place we've been wanting to go and since it is time for our "non-WDW" vacation we picked another disney destination. Well, we couldn't go all that way and not swing by our favorite place in the world, now could we? So we added a few nights at WDW on our way home. We decided to keep the WDW part of the trip a secret from the boys.

Wednesday, June 11- We were supposed to leave early this morning and drive the whole way there and find a room nearby for the night. Well, things came up at DH's work and we didn't get to leave until 4pm. We drove as far as we could and stopped for the night somewhere near Tallahasse (sp?).

Thursday, June 12 - We were up early, had a quick breakfast and were back on the road. We arrived at Vero Beach around 2pm and checked in in a matter of minutes. We had rented 2 studios, we had wanted an Ocean view inn room , but when we made the reservations no inn rooms were available. We had also initially rented just one room, but at the last minute my mom decided to come with us and we added another room. We were pleasantly surprised to both get inn rooms. We didn't get the ocean view, but at least we were in the Inn which is where we had wanted to be in the first place.

We headed up to the room, which was in a perfect location. Next time we visit I would like to request the room right across the hall from us, which would be an ocean view room. We were on the second floor just steps from the stair case. Perfect location to get where you need to go very quickly. We unpacked a bit and then headed to the pool. Before going to the pool we walked around the resort and checked out the gift shop and sat on the rocking chairs for a bit. We also stopped in at the Green Cabin room and enjoyed the view of the ocean from the balcony. The resort has such a quiet, relaxing vibe. We are already loving this place. We loved the pool. I loved that Landon could reach all the way around the pool. The only part that was too deep for him was the middle of the pool and he knew to stay away from it. The boys loved the slide and spent most of their time at the pool on the slide. They made lots of friends and had a blast. We had a very late lunch/early dinner at Bleachers. We also purchased the refillable mugs for the first time and really got our moneys worth. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at the pool and beach. We headed back to the room after dark and had Mickey Ice Cream bars and popcorn and watched a movie before calling it a night.

Vero Beach Part 2 up next.

faline
06-20-2008, 12:19 PM
What a wonderfully relaxed first day of vacation!

mouseketeer mom
06-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Mickey Ice Cream bars at Vero Beach too??!! Awesome!! Love your first day!

#1disneyfan
06-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Mickey Ice Cream bars at Vero Beach too??!!

that was exactly what i was thinking!!

sounds like a great start to your vacation!

pdrlkr
06-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

SgtTigger
06-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Well I did not know you were going..........

It sounds like a great start so far.

Did you save a mickey bar for me??????

Off to day 2

:cop: :tigger:

ChipnDaleGal
06-23-2008, 03:43 PM
It sounds wonderful. I would love to see that resort someday. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-24-2008, 12:28 PM
We love it there too! We were there just a few days after you left. Heading off to read more!

Momof2boys
06-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Denise - can't wait to read all about your trip and how the surprise of WDW goes over with the boys. We'd love to head to Vero Beach - maybe next year.

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2008, 05:25 PM
This sounds wonderful. We'll get there some day, I hope. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

MauiMouse
07-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Denise, sounds like a wonderful start to your Vero Beach vacation. :thumbsup:

wdwgrl377
07-07-2008, 03:07 PM
What a great report....off to read day 2!! Thanks for sharing! :D

Lizzie
07-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the report sounds like a lot of fun.