PDA

View Full Version : In Room TV - Top 7 Must Sees and Stacey

Goes4FastPass
06-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Hiya Folks!

Are they still showing Stacey and the 7 Must See attractions at WDW resorts?

I had to promise my wife she could throw the TV out the window if she sees Stacey "get my ride on, brotha!" again.

I guess I better bring a credit card!

Goofeygal
06-20-2008, 11:46 AM
They were when I was there in may so get your credit card ready brotha.:)

hunnyluvsthemouse
06-20-2008, 11:49 AM
She was still on when we were there in April. My DS 10 loves to watch her. We've even tried to record it with our camcorder so he could watch it at home but it didn't turn out. I have even asked around to CM on a couple of our trips if they sold it anywhere, and no luck.

My least favorite is "Look at all the lazy people in the lazy river" :ack: That is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Not sure why.

WDWCP Spring99
06-20-2008, 12:00 PM
I feel the same way about the "Look at all the lazy people in the lazy river" line... :ack:
And the "Let's get it on" line, too.

I usually end up turning on the Spanish version of the Disney tour. I don't have a clue as to what she is saying...but she isn't annoying like Stacy.

:mickey:

ibrowse17
06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
It is good to hear her for the first time when you return to the world, but she never goes away after that... I like to watch the Weather Channel at Disney. When I see it say "Disney World" during the "local" forcast, it is just another bit of magic:thumbsup:

Septbride2002
06-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Stacey doesn't bother me but she isn't as good as Chrissy was. I loved Chrissy's "Chips Please!"

~Amanda

Goes4FastPass
06-20-2008, 02:17 PM
There a funny article about our gal here (http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/15/Travel/The_wonderful_world_o.shtml)

4myprincesses
06-20-2008, 02:52 PM
I'll give Stacey this (and ONLY this): She's been on at least the last three times we've been to Disney and my kids wanted to watch her everynight. The deal was that they could watch her one time and then go to sleep and IT WORKED!!!! The last thing she makes me want to do is sleep, but whatever puts my kids to sleep has merit of some kind.
:)

I must admit though, that every time we went into the World Showcase my 6 and 7 year old both say "Italy, China, France, Germany...yummy, yummy, yummy." Another favorite is "Choco-laaaht"

I wouldn't be too upset to see something new nextime we head down in Sept....hopefully it's the countdown that works and not the cheesiness!

DisneyCouture
06-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow the fact that she reads from a 25 page script and makes it sound like it is her own words is crazy. It is scary that someone wrote those corney lines and thought wow this sounds great. I have mixed views on Stacey J. Aswad ;)

brertosh
06-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Is there a channel with WDW info that just plays Disney music in the background?? I know they had one at the Disneyland Hotel when I have stayed there in the past. Just wondering, I love to leave that channel on and listen to it as I sleep!

pox24
06-20-2008, 03:31 PM
As of two weeks ago she's still there.

WriteDisney
06-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Her lines are so corny, I love it!

One of my personal favorites, "....and it's a lot like going to the real Africa, but without all the malaria shots and stuff...."

That one cracks me up!

PetefromRI
06-20-2008, 07:51 PM
After reading her BIO,I couldn't believe that she's 38 years old.My wife said maybe I have a chance now!:D

MickeyMousse
06-20-2008, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=Goes4FastPass;1663467]Hiya Folks!
I had to promise my wife she could throw the TV out the window if she sees Stacey "get my ride on, brotha!" again.

:funny:
My sentiments, exactly!!! If she's still on in Feburary, I'll be switching the channel !

thumperbug
06-20-2008, 07:58 PM
She's still there alright. I think my DS6 is in love with her. He watched that show over and over and over on our last 4 trips. Another channel that grates on my nerves is the one with the La Noumba music that keeps playing on and on and on....I have nightmares about it....even worse since my DS likes to hum it as well.

disneyplates
06-20-2008, 10:39 PM
:mickey: Just returned 2 days ago and Stacey is definately still on the TV with her top 7!! Good luck.

OogieBoogieMan
06-20-2008, 11:33 PM
There is plenty of Stacey on YouTube if anyone is having withdrawals. My oldest (9) loves the Top 7. We stay off site quite often now, but when we use our DVC points you can be sure she will be on the TV. It is sort of like slowing down to look at an accident, you feel bad but you can't help yourself...

brertosh
06-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Wow I just Youtube'd her and Wow is all I can think about saying. She is something else. Somewhat annoying but I seem to enjoy it. Well I guess I will get plenty more of her on Monday when we arrive for our first night! Can't wait to see you Stacey......

#1donaldfan
06-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Come on yall....I love her....she's too funny....38 huh??? I just turned 40...???? ummmm.....I'll bet the 'ol DW turns it off now...

....actually I turn it on every morning we're there to get everyone up.....I don't know if it's just the sound that gets 'em up or the corny lines and puns.....????? we all love her !!!

big blue and hairy
06-21-2008, 03:41 PM
We stay off site quite often now, but when we use our DVC points you can be sure she will be on the TV. It is sort of like slowing down to look at an accident, you feel bad but you can't help yourself...

She's off site too! We stayed at the Radisson Celebration-Orlando one night (booked through the Intercot link of course), and she was on tv there too!

She's on at the Swalphin, too.

:sulley:

MarkC
06-21-2008, 03:50 PM
You know the old analogy about watching a train wreck-- you know you shouldn't look but you have to anyway. I can see how she can be annoying but she is cute too. But hey, it's another excuse to see the Disney attractions, and since this is the only place to see it, I can deal with her a few days every year or so. They'll change it soon anyway.

TheMartellFamily
06-21-2008, 05:16 PM
I how many closet people do actually do enjoy watching her. As soon as we get into our room we find that channel and watch it for awhile. It is fun to watch the first two three times but then the cornyness gets to much. The kids love to sit and watch it our whole time we are on vacation.

Is there a new one in the works for the channel for us to watch since this one has been on for the 3 or so years? Does any one know.

elmjimmlm
06-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Dont you think that it would be weird if you get into your room and turn the TV on and she wasnt there? Its like a twisted part of the Disney experience...:mickey:

alliekat
06-21-2008, 10:55 PM
It is definitely a love/hate relationship. We always wait for the "Yummy, yummy, yummy" line when she is talking about all the food you can eat in Epcot. And who could forget the "Triple Mountain Whammy". She actually has a website and appears in a cable TV show.
I would miss her is she was gone, but I think I read she is around to stay. ;)

EditReject
06-22-2008, 12:22 AM
All I have to say is Humunga Cowabunga! and
Welcome to New Yawk.....fuhgetaboutit!

prttynpnk
06-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Dont you think that it would be weird if you get into your room and turn the TV on and she wasnt there? Its like a twisted part of the Disney experience...:mickey:

You are so right! As soon as we put the luggage down we must find Stacey! It helps us get into the mood- it's part of our immersion!

Aggie97
06-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Is there a channel with WDW info that just plays Disney music in the background?? I know they had one at the Disneyland Hotel when I have stayed there in the past. Just wondering, I love to leave that channel on and listen to it as I sleep!

They play Disney music (albeit in a sort-of easy listening format) on the WDW information channel. They also play it on the the resort-specific information channel. I actually put the TV on one of these channels and turned on the sleep timer when we were there last week, and it worked very well for me! :mickey:

andreallybadeggs
06-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Ditto on our favorites..."Yummy yummy, etc.."
and "malaria shots". DD always has to turn the volume up and play those lines over the phone for her BFF since they've been there 3 times together. Pretty sure they've got the whole program memorized. No waste of brain cells, that, eh?

brad0057
06-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Anyone know who the young lady is in the spanish version of this? :mickey:

BronxTigger
06-27-2008, 04:59 PM
I have Stacy on every time I am in the room. In fact, last year when I was staying at CBR, I couldn't sleep at night because it was SO QUIET. (And yes, my room was near the street, too.) So, I turned on the Stacy Channel (18) and left it on all night....every night...just so I could sleep!

Kairi_7378
06-27-2008, 05:29 PM
I like to watch Stacy. (Even though she is a bit annoying.) DH hates Stacy. "Laura, we were just IN those parks, why do you have to watch a tv show about them?!" he exclaims as he dives for the remote control or tv channel button, whichever is closer. So, I get my "Stacy fix" when he's showering to get ready for the parks in the AM.

LudwigVonDrake
06-29-2008, 11:41 AM
C'mon, EVERYONE knows the BEST thing to watch on TV in the hotel room is "I LOVE APPLIANCES!!!" :fresh:

garymacd
06-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't have a clue as to what she is saying...but she isn't annoying like Stacy.

But, Stacy is so perky!!!

donnah77
07-01-2008, 02:11 PM
She's on at Shades of Green too! And by the way, they FINALLY got the Disney Channel there this year...

Anyway, I love the "yummy, yummy, yummy" line too. And corny as it is, we always flip to the Stacey channel :)

Tink#64
07-03-2008, 11:46 PM
It is good to her for the first time when you return to the world, but she never goes away after that... I like to watch the Weather Channel at Disney. When I see it say "Disney World" during the "local" forcast, it is just another bit of magic:thumbsup:

Oh my gosh - I hate to admit it but :ditto: ! Isn't that funny! :funny: Only Disneyaholics would do this!

But Stacy's "yummy, yummy, yummy stuck with me forever! I find her nerve racking, but kind of cute in a way, but when I'm at WDW I am addicted to WDW TV! :blush: So I too leave it on all night, with the volume turned way down!

Minnie Imagineer
07-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Stacey is everywhere! I can't tell you how many times I've watched that waiting for people to take showers! I find her very annoying. Also, I think it's funny that she is wearing this odd 1 piece suit that looks like a grade school child should be wearing-it's so disney apropriate! But how can you not watch it at wdw??

Goes4FastPass
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Maybe they should get Stacey to host the Walt Disney World Christmas parade!

She would MUCH better than too old to read cue cards - Regis and that was cool what was it? -Kelly.

How can that pair host the telecast year after year and still act like English is a foreign language and this is their first day at WDW? "Here come those kooky kids from the uh, something, musical high school thing whatever"

Stacy would make fine parade host.

big blue and hairy
07-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Maybe they should get Stacey to host the Walt Disney World Christmas parade!

She would MUCH better than too old to read cue cards - Regis and that was cool what was it? -Kelly.

How can that pair host the telecast year after year and still act like English is a foreign language and this is their first day at WDW? "Here come those kooky kids from the uh, something, musical high school thing whatever"

Stacy would make fine parade host.
She'd be running around in the parade.

:sulley:

Pop Centurion
07-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I drive my GF crazy with Stacey quotes. I tend to say "Pretzels und Beer" an awful lot.

Minnie Imagineer
07-06-2008, 10:47 PM
I searched Stacey's name and saw her web page- check out her resume/bio...she is a pro dancer, pro artistic roller skater, actress and has a fitness dvd. Thats a large resume!

Seasonscraps
07-07-2008, 10:09 AM
C'mon, EVERYONE knows the BEST thing to watch on TV in the hotel room is "I LOVE APPLIANCES!!!" :fresh:

:rotfl:

I think I might prefer Stacy over that guy. :secret:

Figment78
07-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Watching Stacy is definitely part of the WDW experience! We have it on all the time when we are there. Last trip, my mom wanted to watch SoapNet (which we don't get at home)- I was in serious Stacy withdrawal!!!! Thank goodness DH doesn't care if I have it on every morning and night when we are there.

Does anyone know if the 7 must sees are on YouTube yet???

Figment78
07-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Okay - so I decided to answer my own question and searched youTube for the 7 must sees and guess what?!?!?!? It's on there!!! (at least some of it) :thumbsup:

Between this and MouseRadio on live365, how can you go wrong?

Go get your Stacey fix everyone!

Goofster
07-07-2008, 04:51 PM
You watch the entire program on Mouseworld Radio's website. Just google mouseworld radio and you'll find it.:mickey: It's on their "Resort TV" link.

Imagineer1981
07-07-2008, 04:52 PM
I gotta say, I have such a crush on her

Goes4FastPass
07-07-2008, 04:57 PM
... Thank goodness DH doesn't care if I have it on every morning and night when we are there...
Of course your DH doesn't mind if it's on, Stacey is attractive female human. Stacy here. Stacey there. Stacey again. Cute, cute and cute.

So my niece is now 8. Last week she commented on a some girl being 'hot'. I asked her, "Do you mean because it's very warm outside?" "No, Uncle Greg. I mean pretty and stuff." Ai, yi, yi...