PDA

View Full Version : Question about borrowing points from the next year

threeh
06-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi all!! I am really close to getting a DVC at Animal Kingdom Villas and had a ??. If I end up booking a trip and borrowing points from the next year, (like I have 160 but need 20 from the next year) then I book the next year(minus the 20 i borrowed but now need say 50 extra) can I borrow again or is it limited??
Thanks for any info!!!

Also what is everyones advice about getting AP's. Does it only pay off if we go within a year to use them 2 times, or if it's going to be longer than a year should I just get hopper passes. Thanks for any info!!!:mickey:

Tinkermom
06-20-2008, 05:20 PM
You can borrow as many times as you need as long as you have the points in the next year's account. We tend to borrow a lot. Right now we have 0 points for 2008 and we still have about 3/4 of our 2009 points which we will get in October (our use year). I will be using the rest of our 2009 points and some of our 2010 points when I call in August to book for NEXT summer.:mickey: I can only use 2010 points because we are traveling in 2009. If I wanted to travel BEFORE October of this year (so before my 2009 points become available) I would not be able to borrow from 2010.

As far as AP's are concerned we have done the math and found that 10 days is the break-even point (with our DVC discount). So we try to figure out how many trips we will have within that year and count how many park days we will have. If it is 10 or more park days we go for the AP as that also allows us extra discounts and the Disney Dining Experience. :mickey:

Hope this helps!