PDA

View Full Version : Cribs at Resorts

4MyLittlePrincesses
06-19-2008, 09:15 PM
We booked our package this week and will be staying at the POFQ the 1st week of Sept. Had to request a crib because our youngest will be 15 months and will only sleep in a crib. I was looking at our confirmation and it says crib-not full size.
Has anyone else ever used a crib through one of the resorts? Was it adequate for a child that would be 15 months. After reading that line I am picturing in my head a bassinett for a newborn :(

Brainiak5
06-19-2008, 09:42 PM
as i recall, ours was about the size of a playpen. this was a couple of years ago when we stayed at pofq. we actually stored stuff in it during the day (souvenirs etc) its was quite large. the only concern would be if the baby likes to feel cozy- there's lots of rolling around room. hope this helps :mickey:

Jen C.
06-19-2008, 09:53 PM
It is the standard pack and play. last year we traveled to WDW when DD was 18 months, and I found that it would be far too small to be comfortable. I chose to rent a full size crib from a local baby items rental place, and it worked out great. It was a crib just like home, complete with bumper pads, and bedding.

Personally, I can't imagine a pack and play being a particularly comfortable option for a child of that age. I suppose, however, that many children are accustomed to sleeping and these, and do fine. I guess it's personal preference.:blush:

4MyLittlePrincesses
06-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Thank-you both so much for the information. It is very helpful.

It is the standard pack and play. last year we traveled to WDW when DD was 18 months, and I found that it would be far too small to be comfortable. I chose to rent a full size crib from a local baby items rental place, and it worked out great. It was a crib just like home, complete with bumper pads, and bedding.

Jen, by chance do you remember the name or a website for that company you rented the crib from? I know my daughter will not sleep in a pack and play and I am going to have to figure something else out, like how to get a crib to Disney. Thanks!!

Fryguy
06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
The information on the crib would be wonderful to have as well. Our youngest son will be 6 months around the time we go down. The pack and play is nice for when they are older, but a crib would be awesome.

Thanks,

Breochaid
06-19-2008, 10:43 PM
On our last trip we stayed at Old Key West. We used the resort's pack n' play for our 5 month old and requested a bed rail for our almost 3 year old. Both worked out well. I agree that the pack n' plays don't appear very comfortable. I took along a fluffy blanket and put a crib sheet over it on the P n' P to cushion it some. Half the time the baby slept in bed with me though :blush: since it was a strange place for him and he was still nursing through the night sometimes.

TheRustyScupper
06-20-2008, 05:29 AM
1) Resorts can provide a crib for free.
2) The cribs are smaller than the pack-n-play.
3) Kids over 5-months might be cramped.

Jen C.
06-20-2008, 10:20 AM
We used A Baby's Best Friend. We were quite happy with their products. They do have a website where you can reserve your needs. They also offer highchairs, and many other things. I'm not sure if I can list the website, but just Google their name.:thumbsup:

sisterdisco
06-20-2008, 10:34 AM
We traveled alot when my kids were little, and I never found anyone to have actual "crib sheets"....they just folded up regular flat sheets that were huge and got all tangled up.
What ever choice you make w/ the crib, might be worth it to pack a sheet or two of your own!

4MyLittlePrincesses
06-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. I just called Disney and I was told they don't have any cribs, it's just the pack and play they could provide and bedrails. She suggested contacting the company Jen mentioned because they would deliver and many guests do this when they need a crib. The website is

<snip>

katzctkpt
06-22-2008, 11:46 PM
My kids actually preferred sleeping in the playpens more so than the actual baby bed. Don't know why I thought more uncomfortable too. Really depends on the baby and how they adapt to different sleeping quarters.