PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone have a GOOD stay at the Poly Club Level?

MicMouse
06-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Come on guys - you've all got me pretty nervous for my stay at the Poly Club Level next week.

Has anyone had a GOOD experience there? All of a sudden there seems to be a lot of negativity aimed at this resort. Why?

Please, please someone out there let me know that its still possible to have a fabulous time at the Poly!

Polynesian Dweller
06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
I can tell you we absolutely love it there and have a great time and have so for 18 years. You WILL have a great time. The Club level staff are fabulous and we wouldn't stay elsewhere.

Negative writers always talk the most on these types of boards so don't be put off in the least. Have a great trip and just look forward to it because you should.:mickey::thumbsup:

mickey&missy
06-19-2008, 03:17 PM
I haven't actually stayed at poly. So I can't speak directly to that. DH and I are planning to stay in a club level room at poly in March 09 and I'm sure we're going to have a magical experience!

We were,however, lucky enough to stay in a concierge room at GF this past March. It was wonderful, to say the least!

My understanding of peoples dis-satisfacton with club-level lately is that Disney has cut back on some of the ammenities. There are no single bottles of water, apparently people were taking a whole bunch at a time. The same thing with small boxes of cereal, there are now cereal dispensers. I also read that kids used to get a pale and shovel in club level rooms. They don't do that anymore. But, our mousekeeper left DD 2 stuff animals on her birthday as well as several towels animals throughout the week. DH and FIL were in the lounge one night when they had the wine and cheese out getting MIL and I a glass of wine and they commented to each other that they wished there was beer. The CM in the area heard them and asked what they would like and went and got it for them!! I sorry, no matter what the service is impecciable and nothing can bet it! We had a very magical vacation and it was due, in large part, to the outstanding service we received by the concierge staff in the sugar loaf building at GF!

I hope you have a magical vacation!

Simbajr4ever
06-19-2008, 08:29 PM
We are very big Poly fans, and staying again in august. However; we did the "club" once last year for a week, and where not dissappointed with the staff, or amenities: but upset with the fact the 2nd floor has no balcony, the door opens and thats it. makes the room smaller. I realize that several poly buildings also share this fate, but the fact the club is very $$$ it was dissappointing. my next problem would only be with some of the snooty guest. Seemed a tad to formal for our taste. (by other guest). Would I do it again, probably not. I have enjoyed the concerige floors at Contempary, BC, & YC. (for comparison)
simbajr4ever!

sisterslovindisney
06-19-2008, 09:08 PM
We love Poly Club Level! Our last stay was in 2004 and even then they had done away with the single serving water but we still felt it was worth it. We love having breakfast in the lounge and also found the evening offerings to be more than enough for dinner. We had a ground floor garden view and it was fantastic. The rooms are very large (we had 5 in our room) and the staff is fantastic. I had mentioned it was my husbands birthday one day and when we returned from the parks there was a cake, balloons, and a card. The Hawaii building is in a great location and the lounge is a wonderful place to watch the fireworks over the castle. When we go on vacation we like to feel spoiled and that is exactley how we have felt at the Poly. My husband wanted to try the GF for our upcoming trip but the kids overruled him! They love the volcano pool and the cookies in the lounge. Have a great time!

Catzle
06-19-2008, 09:46 PM
We love the Poly it's a great resort you will not be disappointed. For us it's the money that they charge for club level. Now if you get a code or a special or a deal, something that cuts the price than it's a whole different ball game. I would not pay full price for club level. For a 8 night stay this past time I think it was around an extra $1,600 that's a lot of money. We ended up with a code that came out and thanks to Deb at Magical Journey's we got it applied but without it we wouldn't of done it. Will we ever do it again, well maybe because we like knowing what building we are in. And we do use them for our ADR's. Breakfast is a plus, except they did away with yogurt, a little thing I know, but to us it was something we liked. Night time snacks are good also. But in the end no discount no club level for us, we would still stay at the Poly just not club level.

TammiMcMan
06-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Has anyone had a GOOD experience there? All of a sudden there seems to be a lot of negativity aimed at this resort. Why?People always talk about their experiences, both good and bad. These are operations that run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so unfortunately, it won't always be a positive review.

I like hearing everything about the resort, but take it with a grain of salt. Something that might bother one person, will have no effect on another. Something that's important to you, may not matter to me. Mainly it's opinion and unless you see something about maintenance issues or construction going on, I wouldn't worry about it.

DawsonAR
06-19-2008, 11:15 PM
We were there the first week of January this year. We LOVED it. We did WL club level in April and that was a BIG mistake. Our next stay will be Poly Club Level. We thought everything was wonderful and well worth the extra cost. Have fun!

TheRustyScupper
06-20-2008, 05:27 AM
1) Good or Bad opinion for Club Floor is relative.
2) No, not my mother-in-law type of relative.
3) Reviews are subjective.
4) It all depends upon what amenities you expect from a Club Floor.
5) It still boils down to personal taste.
6) And personal budget.
7) As examples:
. . . one person thinks it is too expensive
. . . one person thinks the price is cheap
. . . one person thinks the food is inadequate
. . . one persom thinks the food is fantastic
. . . one person thinks the concierge service is lacking
. . . one person can't think of enough for CM's to do

Good:
. . . there are food offerings for b'fast, lunch/snack, evening
. . . there are CM's handy to help with ADR's
. . . semi-secure entry to Club Floor through a passkey
. . . free turn-down service (other rooms are as-available)
. . . might have a better view than other room types
. . . ability to have a CM at IPO make ADR's instead of you having to call

Bad:
. . . usually $100-$160 per night higher room rate
. . . the ADR's can be made by Lobby Concierge as well
. . . tough-to-get ADR's are no easier to get thru Club Floor CM's
. . . the Club Floor doesn't offer true concierge level service
. . . might not have a better view than other room types

mouseketeer mom
06-20-2008, 07:09 AM
Poly Club level has remains our very favorite Disney experience. You will LOVE it. I am as happy there as I am at the parks. Our family loves club level at the Poly. We are staying non club level in August at the Poly for the first time because we got a great bounce back code, but I know we will miss the lounge so very much!!!

MicMouse
06-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks for your comments! I knew someone out there had to have a great stay! :mickey::mickey::mickey: