PDA

View Full Version : Swan Or Dolphin

moe513
06-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Planning the next trip. I am thinking about getting us 2 rooms at SWAN OR DOLPHIN instead of one room at the YC. They will have to be the lowest priced standard rooms. We are a family of 5. Anyway, why is the SWAN more expensive and which is the better choice.Any suggestions on the room numbers to request? Thanks

big blue and hairy
06-19-2008, 04:19 PM
The Swan is more expensive because the rooms are bigger and you get two queen beeds as opposed to two double beds. Other than that they are both very nice. One thing to keep in mind if you plan to use Picabu (the fast food place), it is in the Dolphin and a much shorter walk.

:sulley:

Jeany031
06-20-2008, 05:20 PM
I love the dolphin resort is now in florida resident for $129.00 I can't wait to stay in the dolphin in Sept 2008.:mjump::figment::chip::dale:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2008, 09:29 PM
I prefer the Dolphin. It has the most going on in terms of restaurants and shops. The grotto pool is also closer to the Dolphin.
Both have very nice rooms and since they are sister resorts you get to use the facilities at both of them. And I believe they both have the Heavenly beds. The most comfortable beds anywhere!

Jeany031
06-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Dolphin is great choice to stay. Friendship launches to Disney's Hollywood Studios or EPCOT. my mom and dad and i will go to the Dolphin on Sept 2008.:mjump::figment::chip::dale:

big blue and hairy
06-21-2008, 03:28 PM
I believe they both have the Heavenly beds. The most comfortable beds anywhere!
They do.

iadarolas
06-24-2008, 09:13 PM
We stayed at the Swan one year ago, May 2008. The Dolphin has two full size beds and The Swan has two queen size beds. Both have the "Heavenly" beds and they are "heavenly". The rooms are the same size. The Swan is much smaller than the Dolphin and had a cozier feel when walking into the lobby. The lobby at the Dolphin is enormous. We ate more at the Dolphin's restaraunts. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet. I think it really all comes down to the size of the bed which is what made my decision. Both hotels are very nice and the location can't be beat! If you are a nurse, teacher or member of the military they offer great discounts. The discounted rate is really incredible to be able to stay in that location, walking distance to two parks and having the YCBC and BW right there the dining choices are unlimited. :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
06-24-2008, 10:31 PM
I always tell people if you have kids the Dolphin is the better choice. If you are a couple then the Swan is more adult friendly. Both are great resorts. The Dolphin allows 5 people per room while the maximum occupancy at the Swan is 4!:thumbsup:

GabbyJacobsmom
06-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Can you do the DDP at the Swan or Dolphin?

The hotels look so nice and the beds sound wonderful, so wondering if you get the same perks as other WDW resorts.

Thanks!

big blue and hairy
06-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Can you do the DDP at the Swan or Dolphin?

The hotels look so nice and the beds sound wonderful, so wondering if you get the same perks as other WDW resorts.

Thanks!
No DDP, and no Magical Express. You do get EMH.

moe513
06-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks for all the relpies. Any favorite rooms????:cloud9:

big blue and hairy
06-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks for all the relpies. Any favorite rooms????:cloud9:

I don't know the numbers, but we stayed on the 10th and 12th floors of the Dolphin facing the Swan. The views of the Swan, the Boardwalk and Hollywood Studios were very nice.

DisneyDog
06-25-2008, 06:13 PM
We chose the Swan over the Dolphin because of the size of the beds. Personally, I like the atmostphere at the Swan better. It feels a bit more casual. The Dolphin felt bigger and more formal...a bit imposing. The pool at the Swan is nothing fancy, but they did bring frozen hand towels so we could cool off:thumbsup: That was awesome!