PDA

View Full Version : Old movies they never show any more

DisneyDog
06-19-2008, 11:27 AM
When I was a kid, I spent many Sunday mornings watching great movies on UHF channels. I loved the old Pink Pather movies. And there were 2 comedies they used to show all the time that I loved. One was called "The adventure of Sherlock Holmes' smarter brother" starring Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman (Marty Feldman's character had a photographic sense of hearing(!)) and the other was "The last remake of Beau Geste" also staring Marty Feldman and Michael York. Marty Feldman and Michael York were supposed to be identical twins (!)

Such good memories. And I haven't seen any of these movies since I was a kid. (they are listed in imdb if anyone wants to look them up). Anyone remember these? How about other great movies you remember that they never show anymore (not even on AMC).

JPL
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
The weekend Abbott & Costello Movies, Tarzan, and the classic monster movies. I remmber watching these all the time with my Father and Grandfather.

julyjewel
06-19-2008, 02:41 PM
I remember when Nick At nIte was new and they would show old movies at night. I love Penny Serenade.

MissMaryPoppins
06-19-2008, 09:31 PM
I never see "The Little Rascals" on TV anymore. I grew up in NJ and WPIX used to show them all the time. I love watching them even now. It's kind of sad that so many kids will never see them or enjoy them like I did when I was growing up.

Joy

alphamommy
06-19-2008, 09:53 PM
I miss the old Shirley Temple movies. Either TCM or AMC showed some a month or so ago, but I kept missing them.

disneycutie165
06-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Whatever happened to Men in Black! I love that movie!

Ian
06-28-2008, 10:13 AM
No clue why, but one that popped immediately into my mind when I read this was Bugsy Malone.

I'm not even sure if most people remember this movie, but it was a gangster film parody starring a bunch of kids, including a young Scott Baio and Jody Foster.

Very cute ... it used to be on all the time when I was younger and my brother and I loved it, but I haven't seen it in like 15 years, I would guess.

WDWFREAK101
06-28-2008, 11:29 AM
A Back To The Future movie comes on HBO once a month or so. I hate it when all the real classics arn't show anymore because we are too busy watching the stupid parody movies.

brownie
06-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Whatever happened to Men in Black! I love that movie!

That's still shown on the cable networks. I think it was on TBS in the last month.

Dragongirlx
06-30-2008, 11:07 AM
What about Watcher in the Woods or the original Escape to Witch Mountain ( Not the bad remake) and other old Disney classics that they never show any more (in the UK anyway).

This Disney Channel over here though just started repeating the Gnome Patrol which is really great.