PDA

View Full Version : crawling baby

OTmomof3
06-19-2008, 11:19 AM
We leave in 25 days:party: with our 3 kids, the youngest will be 8 and 1/2 months at the time. My question is, how do you make sure your baby has enough "floor time"? She needs to crawl, pull up and cruise around things to work on those baby muscles during our 11 day trip. Do you think the hotel floors are safe to crawl on? Are there other places? I really am not a germaphobe but my 5y/o DD just got out of the hospital because of a severe virus and I am just wanting to be cautious. Our other children were always walking age on our previous trips so I haven't had to deal with this before. Any opinions and/or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2008, 11:24 AM
We went to WDW when our youngest was almost 6 months old and crawling.

We took blankies and sheets for him -- and layed them about on the floor so that he could cruise relatively unscathed :ack:. It worked for us. ALSO, the hotel will provide you with a pack and play which is a great, safe way for a child to play. :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
06-19-2008, 01:12 PM
We have been to WDW when our youngest was 9 months and he crawled on the floor. It didn't bother me then, but now that I think about it I should have brought blankets or sheets like the other poster mentioned. I do have one tip for you though. Any time we traveled when my children were babies I brought plug in protecters. My boys were very curious and I always had to have the covers with me to ensure they didn't put their tiny fingers in a socket. Have fun, your baby will have a great time with all the wonderful sights and music.

disneygeek84
06-19-2008, 11:42 PM
The Baby Stations would be your best bet while you're inside the parks for her to crawl around in. They're nice, quiet, clean places that you can take your child and let them crawl around while you cool down and rest a bit.

OTmomof3
06-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks everyone. I have added extra sheets and outlet covers to our packing list and baby care centers will definitely be on the agenda. I love this site. There are a lot of smart and helpful people here!

Dakota Rose
06-24-2008, 12:03 AM
I'd bring some antibacterial hand stuff too...
And there's always the grassy areas.

momof3+twins
06-24-2008, 04:47 PM
We went with our 10 month and let him crawl on the floor. I tried to keep him in the playpen as much as possible. And he was happy. Germs are gross. And no one wants to get sick but there probably is just a lot of dirt on the floor more than germs. You have to figure that most people aren't rolling on the floor. They just are coming in from the parks with asphalt black shoes. The baby stations probably actually have more germs. Other kids will touch things and put them in their mouths. Then your baby does the same. I find that my kids get sick at Disney anyway just by touching the bars on rides. We are bringing Anitbacterial with the loops on them for belt buckles so that they are in easy access!
Keep in mind that most germs aren't bad, they just make your stronger. My middle child has proven that by mouthing on everything from public restroom sinks to toys at the daycare. He is rarely sick!

Flower
06-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Take some chlorox or lysol wipes too - they don't clean the pack and plays very well, I found this out when I opened one of Disney's up and out popped an Oreo.

Let the little one walk around on any grassy areas you can, like near the castle, at Playhouse Disney @ DHS, etc.

donnah77
06-26-2008, 01:11 PM
We brought our 10 month old this spring and let him loose in the hotel, though we definitely would have benefitted from having outlet plugs! After several days couped up in the stroller at the parks we realized he needed stretch time and let him cruise around wherever we could find a suitable, out of traffic spot. He did great, just needed extra hand & knee washing :)
Have fun! Donna